since getting my EVO, my computer has gone to hell!

Last Updated:

1. cabbie

cabbie Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

My EVO is lean, mean, customized, optimized and organized.

My nice laptop (18.4" display, bluray player, 2gig quadcore) used to be this way. My computer has become cluttered, slow and filled with stuff. I have about 5 programs installed while I was attempting to rip dvds to put on the evo. I have a couple music streaming programs so I can stream music to my evo (finally got subsonic to work, its awesome), I have various versions of VNC clients (for remote access from evo, still trying to get it to work), various photo organizers (for re-organizing and uploading photos for access on my evo), a couple album art/id3 tag editors (for making music info show up right on evo), video converters for 3GP to other formats, and just a bunch of other crap!!!!

i think i need to reformat the darn thing and give it some love, I've been neglecting it. I'm a bad geek :(

Advertisement
  2. ddoolin

ddoolin Well-Known Member

Lmao, I get like that when discovering new things, too. When I find something new that is accompanied by a lot of downloadable content, everything gets all cluttered. Though I don't think it's ever slowed down considerably, just gotten cluttered.

:)

3. cabbie

yea i really need to spring for 8 gigs of ram, i only have 4. but thats money that takes away from evo apps and accessories ;)

4. kamikazekyle

kamikazekyle Well-Known Member

GMote + Subsonic + TightVNC + AnyVideo AND/OR Handbrake + FooBar2k AND/OR DBPower Amp + DVDDecrypter AND/OR AnyDVD

This lets me stream music, videos, remotely control the computer, and convert anything to anything.

Edit: I should mention I run the server applications on my HTPC which is a Core 2 Duo laptop with 2 GB of memory, and the conversion apps on my main quad core. I would run the server apps on my actual sever, but it's an ancient Athlon single core with a gig of memory barely running Windows 2k8 R2 :p

5. cabbie

could you point me to a basic how to on setting up tightvnc? i took a stab at it but nothin doin