Since Root: Browser & Task Manager

Last Updated:

1. Berry2Droid

Berry2Droid Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

So since ive rooted and installed Skyraider, it seems like my task manager & browser are working a lot differently. Im using SystemPanel Lite.

So with my browser, say I goto espn.com and im done, i hit home, then i hit my close all apps widget, then I wana go search something again later, when I open my browser it reloads espn.com again. It doesnt instantly go to it like it was open the whole time, it has to reload, but it doesnt go directly back to my homepage(google.com) Any ideas?

And along with that, it doesnt seem like my SystemPanel is closing out all my apps. My battery has been shite since. So i think its all conglomerating together and f'ing my battery lol.

Any ideas are helpful. Thanks

p.s ive uninstalled/reinstalled system panel too to see if that was it.

Advertisement
  2. yojoe600

yojoe600 Well-Known Member

system panel doesnt automatically close things.. you do it manually only if needed with the end all option

3. Berry2Droid

Yea i know. I said that I use my kill all apps widget and it doesnt seem to be really "killing" my browser out...

4. yojoe600

yojoe600 Well-Known Member

i think the brower is suppose to do that bc mine does to... is this on wifi or 3g

5. Berry2Droid

3g

Are you stock or what? Im running 2.5.2 skyraider vanilla, it doesnt do this stock. Its comparable to opening up IE on your computer, searching for whatever, turning your computer off and back on, then opening up IE and seeing whatever you searched again. Its really annoying because then I have to type in www.google.com to restart and search for something else.

I think its a froyo thing, this droid2 i got here is doing the same thing.

6. necosino

necosino Well-Known Member

Even on stock I noticed system panel behaving oddly, and reporting that the CPU was never dropping below 800Mhz. Wouldn't close all apps (or even itself) when I hit end, etc.. I wiped, installed skyraider, and haven't installed it since and haven't noticed any issues. The only time I do end apps (via force closing in the manage apps screen) is when I'm playing PSX4Droid or watching a movie with RockPlayer.