Since second 2.2 update, camera not working.Support

Last Updated:

1. ellzee

ellzee New Member This Topic's Starter

Well, the title about explains it all... I received the second update ("update") this morning and now that I've tried to take a picture, I'm out of luck. I can see the display, it snaps the picture... and then it doesn't save. The picture remains on screen. If I leave it be, it eventually FCs. Otherwise, I can tap back to the home screen.

I have a second camera application (CameraMagic, I believe?) which I also tried to use. It took the picture, said, "Saving, please wait..." and stayed that way for several minutes until I finally gave up and tapped the home key.

So why aren't my pictures saving anymore? Anyone have any suggestions?

I'm slightly irritated by these 'updates' but I won't get into that. :rolleyes:

Advertisement
  2. johnlgalt

johnlgalt Antidisestablishmentarian VIP Member

Can you verify that you are running FRG22 versus FRG01?

3. ellzee

ellzee New Member This Topic's Starter

I'm not sure if this is the correct method for doing so, but under "About phone," "Build number" reads FRG22D.

4. johnlgalt

johnlgalt Antidisestablishmentarian VIP Member

That is correct. Did you receive both updates OTA? Or did you force any of them?

If you received both OTA, the first thing I would try is to perform a Factory Data Reset and see if that helps the issue.

5. Aero7

Aero7 New Member

I've had the same problem. I factory reset twice already and it just stopped working again. I'm going to take it in to verizon and see if they can fix it. Hopefully they can fix it or replace my phone with one that hopefully won't have this issue.

6. DuckHunter

DuckHunter Active Member

My camera was taking the photo and then the preview box would show a black square, allowing me to take more photos. Every file was empty. This was after changing some settings on screen prior to the photo. I restarted the phone with simple on/off and it started working again.

A few days later, after adjusting some settings for a photo, the same thing happened. Maybe linked to an error in adjusting settings. Hmm...