Since Upgrading To 2.2.1...

Last Updated:

1. jmarsden92

jmarsden92 Member This Topic's Starter

Question... Has anyone that has upgraded their firmware tried the games on Facebook yet? I get the game to load, but then the game disappears and in the middle of the browser window between everything I get a Play button, or an Exclamation Point.

Other than that I am pretty impressed with some of the things that I am finding.

Advertisement
  2. appleguy711

appleguy711 New Member

I am having market store issues. I have several items that i need to update and the phone will note update or download new programs. help?

3. jmarsden92

Last time I had that problem with the Market... Sprint was rolling out a major update and the Market was down. Call Sprint and ask them if there is a problem with the Market for the Epic.

4. dbpaddler

dbpaddler Well-Known Member

It took a couple restarts for me to get the market up and running. Mentioned in another thread about things running smoother after a few restarts or battery pulls. Like burning in a pair of speakers or headphones.

5. FreakyLocz14

FreakyLocz14 Banned

The Market probably just needs time to register the new build. Kelmar suggested that I wait a few days and see.

I'm bugged out that there's no Music Player widget, but I'm starting to believe that EPIC's FroYo is supposed to be like that.

6. jmarsden92

If you find an MP3 via file explorer, or such and select it the phone brings up a choice to play it in music player.

7. Seddy

Seddy Well-Known Member

I too am having an issue with Facebook games. I tried to load CafeWorld earlier and it began to load but then gave me the exclamation point.

8. FreakyLocz14

FreakyLocz14 Banned

Did you all download the Adobe Flash Player 10.1 app from the Market?

9. TheRoot

TheRoot Active Member

Yup. DLed flash per normal.

10. FreakyLocz14

FreakyLocz14 Banned

Also make sure your browser is set to always allow plug-ins.

11. Yota fan!

Yota fan! Member

But I have noticed that when listening to the media player if you drag down your status bar/notification bar (whatever that is called) while say browsing the internet and listening to your music it has what looks a lot like a widget in the status bar. I like that more then just a regular widget on one of the home screens.

I haven't downloaded this but it sounds like it will help with flash? I noticed since getting 2.2.1 I can watch southparkstudios.com but HULU still detects I'm adroid and denies me :(

12. Kelmar

Kelmar Done by choice VIP Member

Got to love hulu :(

13. badankles

badankles Well-Known Member

as of this moment, sprint is still adamant that froyo has not been officially released by sprint for the epic. that might be why it's not quite synched with the market and have missing widgets?

14. iwillfearnoevil

iwillfearnoevil Well-Known Member

well they are quite right, it hasn't been officially released lol

15. dbpaddler

dbpaddler Well-Known Member

Because this isn't an official release, some apps might not be available in the market. I remember an issue when putting 2.1 on my Moment I lost quite a few of my paid apps. I know people had problems on some unlocked phones for a while as well. So that could be why. I know I'm missing PureCal.