Single Dead Pixel? Call for replacement?

Last Updated:

1. TheRock6650

TheRock6650 Member This Topic's Starter

I love my new vibrant and recently developed a dead pixel. I've whipped my phone clear of finger prints now and still when I open my flashlight application, I find a single blue pixel. Unless it's grey/black it becomes quite annoying. I hardly notice it with my nexus one live wallpaper but thats about the only time I don't notice it.

Should I stop complaining and deal with it or should ask for a replacement and throw out 10 bucks(and later pay 15 for a new screen protector)to ship it back hoping it doesn't get lost by the postal service which would mean I'd have to pay for the replacement/further deal with hell in that situation(Sorry, never had good times with them)and start backing up now?

Advertisement
  2. SamsungVibrant

SamsungVibrant Well-Known Member

I baught a 500 dollar digital cam and the lcd screen litterly had like 5 bad pixels, they weren't dead they were just stuck and always lit white. I just ignored it, and now I don't even notice it.

Then I baught a Zune 120gb mp3 player, and the lcd, I do not exagerage had like 8 stuck bright white pixels, it annoyed me the first 2 days, now I don't even notice it.

I was too lazy to exchange them and now I don't even notice unless I look for them.

Now the vibrant, I dunno, thats another story, the whole point of this phone is the amazing screen. I'm kinda inclined to say do an exchange if it keeps annoying you. You need to try and not thinking about it, clear it from your thoughts, don't look for it, and see if in 2 days it still bugs you. If so, then exchange it!
    Trust me, in 2 months you won't even know its there, but you paid good money, so don't feel ashamed for exchanging it. I think dead/stuck pixels should not be tolerated, sadly companies many times now write in their warrenty terms of conditions that dead pixels are a normal artifact, and they have a limit to how many dead pixels your product has before they replace it. I think this is bullshit, if they design some kind of scanning system, maybe a laser scanner, or something, that scans the large sheets of LCD/LED before they are cut into tiny pieces, they can detect bad pixels and throw that batch out. Just my opinion before someone starts screaming at me.

3. Robinelli

Robinelli Well-Known Member

I'd absolutely exchange it. You paid big money for it to be perfect.

4. SamsungVibrant

any update? did you end up keeping it or exchanging it?

5. temperbad

temperbad Active Member

Absolutely return it/exchange . This screen needs none.

6. Stinky Stinky

Stinky Stinky Well-Known Member

Hi TheRock6650,

Have you tried the dead pixel app?

It flashes colours really quickly to attempt to fix dead pixels. Sort of like a degauss i guess.
    Doesn't always work... sometimes it won't work basically...

Here it is:

Pixel Fixer V2.0.0 v2.0.0 Application for Android | Tools

Cool

Let me know hpow it goes.

Stinky

7. snapper.fishes

snapper.fishes Well-Known Member

Don't they only exchange for a minimum amount of dead pixels? My LCD screen is eligible for a replacement only if there is over 5 dead spots.

8. robo21

robo21 Well-Known Member

On a TV or monitor perhaps but on the Vibrant I would say there should be no bad pixels. I vote Exchange!

9. TheRock6650

Unfortunately it was stolen yesturday, I didn't check the topic in that time being of having iit.

10. SamsungVibrant

OH NO, thats the worst news we could have heard. How did it get stolen? Did you have insurance?

11. jree

jree Well-Known Member

That sucks bro!!! I hope you got insurance

12. TheRock6650

It was stolen from inside my locker at school, appearently somene broke off the lock and took it with my money. Also, once again unfortunately, no insurance to back it up but I do have another upgrade, just means extra hours working a few weeks.
    I was trying to track it with mobile defense but they turned off GPS. I couldn't afford to pay q high texting bill so it gad to be deactivated. The school could rather, "give a shit", leaving me in this situation unhanded.

13. SamsungVibrant

I assume you are in high school? You said lockers...
    If someone broke into your locker, stole your phone, and stole your money, and the adminstration is taking it lightly, I would file a police report. Then the school will take it seriously, and students will not do shit like that ever again. Otherwise, thugs will continue to think they can get away with stuff like this. My goodness, what kind of people do stuff like this. People should have pride in their school and fellow class mates, not tag it up and break into lockers.

14. HadouGhost

HadouGhost Well-Known Member

lol why the hell was it in your locker? put it on silent or turn it off and leave it in your pocket. sheesh. also its someone you know or someone that knows you have that phone. otherwise thats too random to happen, they knew what they were going for.

15. rmp5s

rmp5s Well-Known Member

I used to hack/mod/work on a lot of PSPs and this was a very common problem with them too. The pixel in question isn't really dead. If it were, it would be black. This pixel is just stuck. I found a solution to the problem years ago in the way of a video file that was just a bunch of full screen colors that flashed really fast randomly. You get it playing, put it on repeat and let it run for 6-8 hrs...maybe even over night depending on how stubborn the pixel is. Bit more inconvenient to do on your phone than on a PSP, but it should work. I recommend giving this a shot before shopping it off and all that noise. Worked for me on more than one PSP back in the day. If you want the file, I should still have it on one of my PSP memory sticks somewhere. Lemme know.

16. rmp5s

rmp5s Well-Known Member

Oh wow...sorry to hear about the loss man...didn't see that post.

17. azrhei

azrhei Well-Known Member

So much THIS. Criminals would not get away with the shite they do if people would report every time something happens. Maybe they don't get caught from your report, but some chance is better than no chance, and every chance they are caught because of a report is that much more probable that they will at some point be stopped.

18. rmp5s

rmp5s Well-Known Member

Yup...report it or do your own detective work. I GUARANTEE that SOMEONE knows who did it...guaranteed...

19. HadouGhost

and i Gurantee that the OP knows the person. they had to know he had it.

20. rmp5s

rmp5s Well-Known Member

Yup...whether they know it or not, they more than likely do.

21. HadouGhost

One of the things that was taught to me and was stressed upon was a little saying my father said.

"The first people to f**k you over, will be your friends"

And its held up to be true in every single time in my life.

22. SamsungVibrant

This is how high school works.

File a police report. Who ever stole it, told some of his/her friends. Some of his/her friends will eventually talk, and the jerk who took it will get caught. Trust me, someone will talk, and word will get around soon who the jerk was. Usually jerks like that are the first to brag about their actions.