Siri for AndroidGeneral

1. deathrow911

deathrow911 Well-Known Member

Hey guys. Curious to know if there is a siri type thing for Android that will Google stuff for you. I have skyvi and its cool but doesn't have Google search implemented in it, and that's all I want to use it for. I get lazy sometimes. :)

Thanks.

Sent from my LG-MS910 using Tapatalk 2 Beta-6

Advertisement
  2. PlayfulGod

PlayfulGod Well-Known Member Developer

its called Google Now on Jelly Bean, think its been backported to ics, dunno about GB yet tho. The S3 has S-Voice which doesnt work as well as Google Now. Think they are some 3rd party apps that do it but I dont know the names of any.
  3. Rxpert83

Rxpert83 Dr. Feelgood Moderator

Google now runs circles around siri. It's a jb feature but has been ported to ics.

If you don't have either of those there are plenty of voice assistants in the market, although not as good.

Also, android phones have had google voice search for many years before siri, see if yours has that
  4. PlayfulGod

Yea, a friend of mine (ex-iphone user) got her first Android device n was amazing with voice search. I was like wtf the iphone doesnt have voice search??? She said no, I replied back dayum my old ass RAZR V3 had voice search lol
    Rxpert83 likes this.
  5. Rxpert83

Yeah. It's amazing how innovative apple was when it came out with a phone you could talk to :p

Good thing those thieving androids could see into the future and copy it
  6. PlayfulGod

hell even pre-androids lol Think my Samsung Instinct had voice search too lol
  7. deathrow911

Yeah I mean I have the same phone as you guys lol. I do have Google voice but I was thinking on terms of like I say go on YouTube and look for this video and it does it know what I mean? Plays songs from my phone etc...

I guess only a built in assistant can do that?

8. Rxpert83

The apps I mentioned should be able to do that.

Google now can (options listed because I haven't set a default)
    [​IMG]
  9. deathrow911

But we won't be able to use Google now until PlayfulGod finishes CM9 right?

10. Rxpert83

True, you'll need ics for gnow. I only used it because that's what my device uses. Try some of the personal assistants from the market
    deathrow911 likes this.
  11. reilus

reilus Well-Known Member

Apple is for nutters. It produces a "religious experience" in the brains of it's faithful believers -- this is proven with brain scans:

Apple Provides Fans With Religious Experience, Brain Scans Reveal | News & Opinion | PCMag.com

Yeah, so watch out! Next thing you know we'll Apple terrorists blowing themselves up if we do not recognize Steve Jobs as the only prophet of god. =) Maybe they'll just come to our house on bicycles handing out swag?
  12. reilus

reilus Well-Known Member

But none of those will never match the coolness of Google Now! That's like telling me to try a glass of water when I want a beer. =(
    Rxpert83 likes this.
  13. Fuzzy13

Fuzzy13 Well-Known Member

Skyvi if your still on GB.
    travioso likes this.
  14. BRIAN5337

BRIAN5337 Well-Known Member

As of today "Google Now" doesn't run on the Esteem?
  15. Fuzzy13

Fuzzy13 Well-Known Member

It never did
  16. Jeyd02

Jeyd02 Well-Known Member

Correction :)
  17. deathrow911

Ya fuzz I've been using skyvi, and it's pretty cool just limited. I like speaktoit assistant better because it'll set alarms, search Google and stuff. Just the ui is soooooo ugly!

18. BRIAN5337

BRIAN5337 Well-Known Member

Quote:
    Originally Posted by BRIAN5337
    As of today "Google Now" hasn't yet to run on the Esteem?

Correction :) LOL

Quote:
    Originally Posted by BRIAN5337
    As of today "Google Now" hasn't yet run on the Esteem?
    OR maybe
    As of today "Google Now" has yet to run on the Esteem?

My statement followed by a "?" after was meant as a question.

I now know that "Google Now" is not compatible with GingerBread.

Thanks Fuzz and Jeyd

I use an app called "IRIS" By Dexetra. It works well.
  19. Jeyd02

Jeyd02 Well-Known Member

Correction :)
    [/QUOTE]

Double correction :)
  20. lordcliffton

lordcliffton Well-Known Member

Try this app called ALPHA. It's $2.24 But CURRENTLY ONLY IN GERMAN AVAILABLE! Bummer, yeah? Hope for an update.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.dragonwork.alpha&hl=en

Or this, which may have been mentioned already, called IRIS(siri, backwards! lol) It's FREE!

Note: You need to have "Voice Search" and "TTS library" installed in your phone for iris to work. Most of the phones have these pre-installed, if not please install them from Android market before you try iris. Give it a try, it is free, right? :D

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.dexetra.iris&hl=en
  21. esv9591

esv9591 Well-Known Member

Robin is another great Siri substitute. Its free and still being worked on. Big download but works great