Sirius looping issue after 2.2 update

Last Updated:

1. TheVille

TheVille Member This Topic's Starter

Anyone know of a fix with the Sirius satellite radio app looping issue. I've seen that its an issue after getting froyo. Is there a workaround until they get this fixed that anyone knows of?

Issue is each channel plays for 10ish seconds and loops that sample endlessly. Ugh!

Advertisement
  2. evoruss

evoruss Member

3. cooper1010

cooper1010 Well-Known Member

i think they'll have to put out an update. it seems to be getting worse and worse.

4. crawform

crawform Member

5. navin

navin Active Member

I logged an email with them too and am calling them right now. I plan to play my looping Droid over the phone for them if they need proof as it's stuck in a loop right now. This is really annoying!

6. navin

navin Active Member

Okay, Sirius customer service asks that you also email the 3rd party that maintains the app for them - sxmmobile@quickplay.com - describing the problem. They also credited me a month's worth of the internet radio charge (around $3).

7. Bobeo

Bobeo Member

How do you get this app?

8. navin

navin Active Member

You have to download it from the Sirius website. To install, you have to change settings on your phone to "Allow install of non-market applications" under settings > applications > unknown sources.

9. navin

navin Active Member

Not to mislead anyone, you have to have a Sirius subscription first - around $12 per month, then you can add the internet radio for around $3 per month so, it costs around a total of $15+ per month with tax.

10. Rollo_Tomasi

Rollo_Tomasi Active Member

I will call and email also, I recently updated to froyo on the moto droid and get the same issue. I have done a factory reset, re-installed 2.2, uninstalled app more than once and nothing fixes it.

I read somewhere else that it might have something to do with the phone choosing either the high or low bandwidth speed and it is froyo that is doing that...

hopefully the dev will fix it soon so i can get back to listening to sirups from work!

11. navin

navin Active Member

Response from Sirius tech support:

Sirius XM currently works on Android 1.5 - 2.1 OS. Support for OS 2.2 will be
    available shortly.

Sincerely,
    SXM Mobile Support