1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

Sirius XM App + Nexus 1 = Crap?

Last Updated:

1. dvandam

dvandam Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I have a Nexus One and I really have just had nothing but problems with this app. When I had 2.1 it would CONSTANTLY drop the connection on WiFi, while ironically keeping a rather steady connection over 3G. Since I upgraded to FroYo, it has now changed to doing this other weird thing where it will constantly drop and loop audio over 3G, while on WiFi it's a LITTLE better but often will skip ahead.

I've tried reinstalling the app, clearing out saved data, and nothing seems to work. Have any other N1 users downloaded the app? Are you experiencing similar results or is this just isolated to me? I really would like this to work, but it's rather disheartening that currently I get better results using Skyfire on my Moto Q9h than I do on an official app..

TIA

Advertisement
  2. The K-Zoo Kid

The K-Zoo Kid Well-Known Member

I remember back when i had an iPhone it did the same thing on that... I think it is just the XM app in general.. You could try to turn on the setting so the screen never sleeps, you probably want to have it plugged in for that though.

3. dvandam

It does seem to mess up more often when the screen sleeps, but then it'll drain the battery. And there's no point in keeping it plugged in during that because the only place I would use the app would be on the road. As I said, what's bothering me is that no one else seems to be having this issue. I've heard Droid and Incredible users say how great it works, and other users with devices that the app wasn't really even designed for (when announced, they said that it was just for Droid and N1 users.)
    Isn't there another app that can access the Sirius online feed? I thought I read something about such an app existing, but it was a paid app that worked with a whole sort of various internet radio feeds..

4. bradspace

bradspace Member

I have a Sprint Hero running a FroYo build ROM and I ma having the EXACT same problem. I haven't noticed it on the music channels, but on MLB or ESPN channels it does it every time. I've been searching for a fix, and if I find one I'll let you know.

5. dvandam

This leads me to believe that this is a FroYo issue. That would explain why all those other phones that are non-FroYo are doing okay, although I think at least 1 person had a 2.2 custom ROM on their Droid and it worked fine. If it is a 2.2 issue, then at least Sirius will be basically forced to update the app. If they did it to support iOS4 there's no reason they shouldn't do it to support FroYo.

6. J.R.

J.R. Well-Known Member

I have an Eris running 2.1 and the XM app cuts out all the time. Was just doing a search to see if anyone has found a solution. Guess not.

7. lsutigers03

lsutigers03 Well-Known Member

I have a Samsung Captivate running 2.1 and it cuts out so much that's it's worthless. I thought it may be my phone or my overall data connection but Pandora has been streaming flawlessly so I'm assuming it's the app.

8. lancep

lancep New Member

Anyone ever find a fix for this? would really like to use this app in the car instead of running wire to a sat receiver.. Perhaps someone can get sirius in touch with a pandora dev ?

9. adelaney

adelaney New Member

They are both crap indeed. Buy an evo, and use xiialive.

10. alnova1

alnova1 Well-Known Member

I'm running 2.2 rooted on an X and my Sirius never cuts out or loops. It would loop when I first went to the 2.2 leak but someone told me it was because of something called stagefright and I had to install a new Build.prop...I have no idea what all this is, I just follow direction well. :D My sirius never stops and only cuts out when my phone loses signal.

11. langsbr

langsbr Member

Since my Incredible got froyo, the sirius app blows - constant loops, changes, loop backs..

Really sucks

12. bill hilt

bill hilt Active Member

Im running a rooted fascinate with Djo5 geeknik kernal and the sirius app cuts in and out . Making me nuts any insight on this ?