Sirius/XM App, running in background and then closes

1. bryanc1

bryanc1 Member

Firstly, before I start this I apologize if this has been touched on previously. I've looked and don't see anything similarly related.

When running the Sirius/XM App on both my tablet and DroidX, after about 45 seconds (but sometimes not for a long time), the app will just stop working. I can click on it in the task bar above and it will act as if it is completely closed. I would like for this to run in the background while I do something else. Thanks...

Advertisement
  2. dawankler

dawankler Well-Known Member

I'm of the opinion that the Sirius/XM Android app just plain sucks. I experience that same issue every once in a while on my Epic 4G. I also notice it REALLY sucks at buffering and if I'm not on 4G or Wi-Fi it downgrades the audio quality so badly that it's almost unlistenable. It also seems to have a LOT of trouble with tower/service switching because as I drive around the interstate to and from work about every 4-5 minutes it will stop streaming and I'll have to switch stations for it to start playing again.

I've been a Sirius/XM subscriber almost from the start of the service and REALLY want the app to work so I can finally ditch the in car satellite receiver and all of its associated wires. To me it's becoming too easy to listen to Pandora (at a MUCH higher sound quality) from my phone than anything else, but I will miss a lot of the talk radio options on Sirius/XM.
  3. bryanc1

bryanc1 Member

Thanks for the heads up. Tell me about it. I listen to CNN during the day to keep myself from falling asleep in a quite office at work and I have to leave it on and open (tilted sideways since it rests in a cradle) and can't use it at open without losing the stream. I haven't had the same issues driving around though. It's been pretty reliable in my truck, so I gave the actual receiver to my wife to use in her van. I just wish that the "background" function that is supposed to work, really did...even when I tell it to minimize it will still shut off (or possibly crash). Which I don't want it to do....ugh.
  4. alnova1

alnova1 Well-Known Member

I use the app with my Fascinate and haven't had any problems. It plays fine and doesn't stop unless I lose service.
  5. A.Nonymous

A.Nonymous Well-Known Member

I'm not a fan of the app myself. I'm very, very close to cancelling my service altogether TBH. I bought the service originally for the sports, but I can pay $15 a year for the MLB app and I have the NFL app with VZW. So, the only thing that's on XM is a few talk stations and some music.
  6. ozzzy3z

ozzzy3z Well-Known Member

I have experienced minimal drops on my DX. I have been pleased with the service to this point.