• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Sirius/XM not working!?

Got another Evo today, due to some hardware problems, called sprint customer care to get the msl code, rep said sure let me connect you to our it department to get it. connected me to this great rep, as soon as he asked why i needed it and i replied because my sirius app... he stopped me there said "no need for other words" gave me the code, and then said this is a known error and i read the forums also about changing the addresses to 0's but i got a fix here that i can push you and it will fix everything, said ok to him. Got an update everything was fixed, then we talked about this forum for a little about how he read it but didn't post. So its nice knowing we have one of our owns helping us out. If he is to read this thank you very much!!!

Upvote 0
1) Dial ##3282#
2) Choose Edit Mode
3) Enter MSL
4) Choose Advanced
5) Change HTTP PD Proxy Port to: 0
6) Change HTTP PD Proxy Address to: 0.0.0.0

I don't have the Sirius app but this did work for the xiialive and winamp apps that would work fine using wifi but 3G and 4G would buffer and drop the connection after the 3.70 update.

This worked for me. The sprint lady was a flirt too lol.

FYI here were my original settings. I did not adjust the RTSP settings.

rtsp proxy port: 554
rtsp proxy address: rtsp.vog.sprintpcs.com

http pd proxy port: 8085
http pd proxy address: pd.vog.sprintpcs.com

It seems that sirius should update their app to bypass any htc firmware updates that change the proxy settings and htc should interface with big apps to resolve these issues.

I emailed the stern show with this thread, the workaround, that it worked, etc. Maybe they'll say something on the air to get the ball rolling so it's resolved faster.

Reactions: Mr. Ed
Upvote 0
Those have been the proxy settings from day one. Nothing in the update changed them, they've always pointed to Sprint servers.

There's no telling why it worked before but doesn't work now - all we really know is that whatever went wrong and whoever's side it's on (Sirius or Sprint), bypassing the proxy servers fixes it.

And, this may be important to your understanding - apps cannot bypass proxy servers in any reasonable way I know of.

Also - those are Sprint servers, btw, not HTC's.

If you emailed Howard any incorrect info, I'm hoping you'll mail again and correct it. I've no prob with Howard raising awareness, but let's make sure the right target is being called out.

Upvote 0
1) Dial ##3282#
2) Choose Edit Mode
3) Enter MSL
4) Choose Advanced

I don't have the Sirius app but this did work for the xiialive and winamp apps that would work fine using wifi but 3G and 4G would buffer and drop the connection after the 3.70 update.

This worked for me. Thank you.

Reactions: corpnupe85
Upvote 0
I stop being lazy, and finally called Sprint. Spoke to two techs, before being pushed to the third that will actually help me. I just mentioned "CE Device portal listed as 'HTC EVO 4G (A9292) - Streaming multimedia applications receiving errors on software version 3.70.651.1' ". Waited about two minutes, then the tech took me off hold, and walked me through the steps. He sounded like he knew exactly what I was asking, unlike the first two techs. I guess enough people have been calling.

Reactions: quijibo
Upvote 0
Just got this email from Thumbplay support

David, an employee of Thumbplay, replied to Why won't the app work over 3G on Sprint HTC EVO 4G?, a question about Thumbplay.

Update (2/10/11): The following is from a Sprint representative. Sprint can indeed fix the issue. Please take note of the Toll Free number 1-888-211-4727 and key words (in bold) that can be referenced to help the rep identify the issue/fix.

/
As many of you have reported, there was an issue identified shortly after the launch of the 3.70.651.1 maintenance release that caused a problem with streaming applications. The root cause has been identified and will be fixed in the next maintenance release.

In the interim, there is a workaround that can be applied by Technical Support. As of 2/1, an updated workaround is available that corrects both HTTP and RTSP streaming (the previous workaround only corrected the HTTP streaming). /Please contact Technical Support at 1-888-211-4727.

Although changing the default proxy settings will resolve the issue temporarily, these settings are not the issue. If you have changed the settings as a workaround, you may need to reset them back to the default settings prior to the next maintenance release.

/
Update:
There is no case/problem number for this issue. It is classified as a known issue in Sprint's device portal and listed as 'HTC EVO 4G (A9292) - UPDATED 2-1-2011: Streaming multimedia applications receiving errors on software version 3.70.651.1'. The rep will use an internal tool to apply the workaround.

The new PRL is 60675.

Upvote 0
1) Dial ##3282#
2) Choose Edit Mode
3) Enter MSL
4) Choose Advanced

This worked like a charm I called Sprint and got my MSL (which I thought was going to be harder than it was) thanks so much..... my sirius works great off of my WiFi connection.

Reactions: EarlyMon
Upvote 0
That's the second time I have read something about the maintenance release. I hope it is coming soon.

I have found fixes for root users (few more tests) that are still experiencing skipping and quality issues but not really much in resolution for Stock unrooted phones other than taking them in and having 3.70 re-applied manually by sprint, along with the proxy fix and a manual profile update (reprovisioning)

From what I can tell some files got missed in the 3.70 update that were supposed to fix stagefright and the way that it streams and buffers music. I just can't pinpoint the exact files...and honeslty now that I have read that sprint will be issuing a new update to fix what they broke I will most likely focus my attention on the root side of things...which appear to all be developer related. (at least until that update comes out)

Upvote 0
Ok, so, i installed the new firmware update today (3.70.651.1). Much to my surprise, i tried the sirius/xm app earlier this evening and it does not work. However, if i turn off the network and use only the wi-fi, the app works perfectly. Yesterday before i had installed the new firmware, the app was working without a hitch. But now, not at all. I called Sirius/XM they told me they would issue a ticket and call me back, we all know how that goes. I called sprint since i thought maybe its a network issue, but that doesn't make sense because i am able to go online and download apps so its not the network. So it has to be the new firmware update. Does anyone else have this issue? i am desperate here. I like my satellite radio, and i HATE HATE HATE when something is not functioning the way its suppose to be on my phone.

so 2.1 on my sony ericsson on ATT doesn't work either. I keep getting "unable to aquire data connection". Everything else that uses a data connection works just fine whether on wifi or 3G. Going to cancel my subscription.

Upvote 0
Call ATT, mention that this issue was fixed at Sprint by bypassing proxy servers.

Sprint didn't care in our case, we're all on an unlimited data plan.

ATT may believe differently.

Other suggestions would be to google for things like Atrix service codes or stuff like that.

PM me for further assistance, or maybe if you make progress, you can start an equivalent thread in the Atrix forum - or start one anyway, put in a link to this one, and ask fellow Atrix owners if they've already solved this...

Upvote 0
I tried this on Warm 2.2 (not Warm Z) and streaming still doesn't work, and even further, when I try to go back in to check the settings, as soon as I hit "Advanced" I get force closes. Not sure what the the problem is.

I just flashed Virus Infection and I was able to do it, and streaming works fine. Weird.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones