1. In regards to recently combined carrier specific root forums, if your device forum was affected, please see this poll/thread!

SiriusXM (why would it make a phone call?)

1. V.Lee

V.Lee Well-Known Member

This is probably a real newbie question - sorry:eek:! I recently got an Epic and am slowly, cautiously adding a few apps since I don't really understand the ramifications of the various permissions yet. I am interested in the SiriusXM app, but don't understand why one permission would be "directly call phone numbers".

Can anyone explain a) why it would need to do that and b) if it's a problem in with this particular app? I'm on a family plan and don't want to abuse the minutes.

Advertisement
  2. The Nooner

The Nooner Active Member

Because if there is a problem with your account / billing / setting it up the app pops up the 800 number so you can click it to dial.
  3. lunatic59

lunatic59 Moderati ergo sum Moderator

It doesn't "need" to do that, but by granting it the permission to make phone calls, you can direct call from the apps from sponsored links. I know that Sirius regularly broadcasts toll-free numbers and putting the ability to dial directly in the app makes sense.
  4. V.Lee

V.Lee Well-Known Member

Aha, that makes sense. I had visions of it running amok making random phone calls. So basically, it won't make a call unless I initiate or OK it? Whew.

(I was thinking of getting the online access anyhow for work, and if I can get it to work on my phone that would help make my decision).

Thanks!
  5. The Nooner

The Nooner Active Member

Nope, you have to confirm it.