Sitting here reading and laughing .....Support

1. fdnyfish

fdnyfish Active Member

all I've been reading here for the last 2 months was "When is FROYO gonna be here?".

Now that it's here, I can't beleive all the "Complant Threads" about Froyo.

Not that the issues are not legit, I just find the whole thing funny...

How long before we start seeing the "When is 2.3 gonna be here?" threads.

Advertisement
  2. dookie1

dookie1 Well-Known Member

that would be 3.0/gingerbread...
  3. jreed2560

jreed2560 Well-Known Member

Actually scoffing to a new article I read today, gingerbread for phones will be 2.5 and 3.0 will be reserved for tablets
  4. appleboy

appleboy Active Member

Glad to know I wasn't the only one who found it amusing.
  5. Martimus

Martimus One bite at a time... Moderator

Out of curiousity what article were you reading?
  6. quickaudi

quickaudi Well-Known Member Contributor

Our X is considered to be a tablet by some...
  7. JustinHEMI

JustinHEMI Well-Known Member

Hmm yeah but most of the issues seem to be by people who did a leak of some form or another and aren't reading the other threads about having to be back on stock. I also recall reading a few "I am on 2.2 now, no reason for me to ota. " they knew going into a leaked version they couldn't ota, yet they still tried. THAT is what I find most sad.

This is my second x today succesfully updates with zero issue.
  8. jreed2560

jreed2560 Well-Known Member

Martimus likes this.
  9. droidx_fan

droidx_fan Well-Known Member

I'd find it amusing as well if I weren't suffering from it. Even worse, when I got the update, I hesitated a bit before hitting the button thinking perhaps I should wait to see how it goes. I was thinking with the delay, surely Moto and Verizon would have it right. Wow, was I wrong. I am struggling to believe Moto and Verizon could be that freaking stupid to let such a crappy upgrade out to the market.
  10. colchiro

colchiro Well-Known Member

I can't count the number of times I said, "it's a lot easier to install the leaked version of Froyo than to go back to 2.1". :D

The grass is always greener.... they want what we patiently waited for.
  11. ericnail

ericnail Well-Known Member

So this would be a... complaint thread about complaint threads?
  12. tsanuri

tsanuri Well-Known Member

That is the first mention that gingerbread will be anything but 3.0. And where it could be right I see it causing many problems. And those talking about fragmentation having a field day over it. I can also see it being confusing having different version numbers for the same OS version.
  13. appleboy

appleboy Active Member

More along the lines of - We aren't having any problems and now we don't have 20 different threads of "where's the froyo?" to read... so what else can we talk about...