1. Welcome to the newer, better version of Android Forums! Be sure to see the announcement and enjoy checking it out!

Some of you have been having login issues. - Please try now. Sorry for the trouble!
  2. All attachments uploaded on the first day of this new look need to be re-uploaded, or will appear broken. All prior to that, and all going forward, should work fine. We apologize for the inconvenience!

Siyah Gingerbread kernel (v2.x)

1. ironass

ironass Well-Known Member

For Siyah ICS kernel, see here:-

http://androidforums.com/galaxy-s2-international-all-things-root/518798-siyah-ics-kernel.html

You will need to be rooted to install Siyah kernels. See here:-

http://androidforums.com/galaxy-s2-...t/482994-rooting-galaxy-s2-dummies-guide.html

For step-by-step installation and settings for the Siyah kernel, see here:-

http://androidforums.com/galaxy-s2-...7-12-dummies-guide-installation-settings.html

or, here:-

http://androidforums.com/galaxy-s2-...-guide-installation-settings.html#post3727880

Siyah kernel v2.1 Final version is now available for download.

Not to be confused with the Dark Knight Siyah 2.1 kernel... there are differences.

Changelog

updated CWM recovery to 5.0.2.7 and added back soft-key support (thanks to mustaka@xda for the back-key modification. sagol hocam…)
    reverted 500MHz deep-sleep enter change for stability purposes
    bus frequency modification

For more information and download, see here:-

[KERNEL][UNIFIED] SiyahKernel v2.1 - "One kernel to rule them all" - xda-developers

Both CWM .zip and .tar (for Odin) files available.

:D

Advertisement
    MrBaker22, Twinn, MrClueless and 2 others like this.
  2. Shotgun84

Shotgun84 Well-Known Member

Decisions decisions. I was going to stick with dark knight as .7 allows backup and restore to external sd. Now siyah has this as well I may have to give it a go.
  3. ironass

Go on Shotgun84... you know you want to! :D

Early days yet but it seems to be performing better than the Dark Knight version from yesterday.

Using "ondemand" governor to start with.
  4. skimminstones

skimminstones Well-Known Member

not good first impressions from me. Just plugged the phone into charger and it wont let me unlock the screen while on charge, so i unplug it and it thinks im still charging, still wont let me unlock it. Have to reboot the phone. Done it 3 times in a row now. Back to 1.8 for me
  5. Shotgun84

I just tried to download but the links have been taken down.

" Some users experience sleep-of-death problem with v2.1 final. Use DarkKnight edition until I find the problem. the links will be re-enabled when I fix the problem."
  6. Rudedawg

Rudedawg Well-Known Member

7. Sydney99

Sydney99 Well-Known Member

All sorts of issues and frozen phone. No wonder it's been pulled!
  8. ironass

:D:D:D

Just got back to my desk and saw that you'd all added to the thread and thought... "What are they on about?"

Picked up my SGSII and it's in such a deep sleep... it's comatose! :rolleyes:

Back to the drawing board as they say. :)
  9. Rudedawg

The Kernal of death it would seem. Hope it gets sorted.
  10. ironass

Lets not moan about it and look on the positive side...

It's a cracking power saving kernel if you don't use your phone that often! :)

Also spare a thought for those less fortunate... iPhone 4S users who are moaning about 50% battery drain an hour. :p

Every cloud as they say. :D
  11. Shotgun84

:D
  12. Rudedawg

+1
  13. Slug

Slug Check six! Moderator

2.1 Final is now released and available from here. :D
  14. ironass

Thanks Slug! :)

Will amend my first post warning.

What we need now is some idiot to test it! :rolleyes:

OK... downloading it now.
  15. Rudedawg

[​IMG]Hey guys! Whats happening...... wait why you lookin at me funny ? -_-
  16. Rudedawg

Jerky as hell in the menu for me whilst overclocked. Trying without now.

Jerky whatever I do. Do not like. :(

I'm not alone http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=18969888&postcount=8457

The worst part for me is r3 and final both don't recognise my usb connection.

EDIT: Apparently I had usb debugging checked in settings/applications/dev . No idea what done that. :S Fixed the problem unchecking it though .
  17. Shotgun84

First impressions are good. It seems smoother than the rc's and on a plus side my phone woke up when I pressed the power button.
  18. Rudedawg

It seems to run smooth overclocked to 1600. Much less and the app drawer struggles. My benchmark scores have shrunk though. ....and whoop there it is , conservative governor :D
  19. Sydney99

have you got rid of the lag then rudedawg??

read on xda that setting governer to "on-demand" fixes this? does that work with you?

not gonna bother with anymore siyah unless this lag thing is resolved - get better user experience on hellcat, and better benchmark scores for what they;re worth
  20. Shotgun84

I haven't played around with it much yet but I get no lag on the default 1.2ghz and lulzactive governor. It seems quick as well. Webpages seem to load quicker than dark knight and I had that set to 1.4ghz.
  21. Rudedawg

Funnily enough lag has gone. I've been on a right trip. Even reflashed ninphetamine at one stage. Came back to 2.1 plane 100-1200 get a lower benchmark than previously but the lag has gone. End of the day my phone works as it should. Battery is still shite. But I'm gonna accept it ain't gonna get much better now. Just text s in the last hour took it down 10%. All the Calibrating in the world ain't gonna change it. Browser speed is nippy, no lag skipping through pages. Home button works well and responsive. USB works fine. Kitchen application works as normal. Screenshots all good. Cwm recovery now much better. Faster with the softkey back select returning. phone calls all good. Long story short no complaints right now.

Reading this back is painful. Hate posting using the phone... ironically :)
  22. Shotgun84

Benchmark 1.2ghz lulzactive
    [​IMG]

I thought I'd see what the kernel could actually do so I set it to 1.6ghz and used performance governor
    [​IMG]

I might have to keep it like that and just remember to carry 5 spare batteries with me.
  23. Rudedawg

On demand got me around 6690 at 1400 ghz. Try a reflash Sydney. Seems all good now.

And. Because shotgun did It. To prove it's no fluke...

[​IMG] hehe
  24. Sydney99

Maybe I'll give it another go then and fiddle with settings.

Btw you mentioned the usb debugging thing. Did unticking this improve things? Doesn't titanium need it to be ticked?

Also, the scores you and shotgun get on overclocking are impressive. I get around 6000 with hell cat. If you oc and get these performance results does it actually make a difference to day to day use? And do you then get worse battery?