• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Siyah kernel - Dummies Guide

i just tried to do a fix permissions but i still got the same thing , its strange . just want to double check that its kernel works with revhd v6 ?

RevHD v6.... as in gingerbread CheckROM RevolutionHD v6?

The clue is in the title of the thread... "Siyah ICS kernel". ;)

See the warning in post #1.

The latest, and last, Siyah gingerbread kernel is v2.6.14, here.

Reactions: sublime80
Upvote 0
might be why then haha , i will read this thread later on and see if i can get somewhere with it , as you can guess im not amazing at these things to so with phones , thanks for your help tho guys :)

Don't worry sublime80... we've all done something like that... I still do... often! :stupid:

They're called, "FacePalm", moments...

facepalm_jim_76437.jpg

Upvote 0
Bugger me sideways! v3.2.6.4 is up, with a Changelog up already for v3.2.7!

SiyahKernel v3.2.7
Posted on May 29, 2012
Changelog:

fixed triangleaway support. boot partitions are not hidden anymore.
not released yet.

Posted in Uncategorized
SiyahKernel v3.2.6.4
Posted on May 24, 2012
Changelog:

new usb host driver. works fine with mouse, usb sticks and serial port adapters.
some wifi patches from n7000 sources. ioctl timeout is reduced from 20 secs to 5 secs.
fixed ntfs mounting and added ntfs-3g binary back. it will not be used if “ntfs mounter” app is installed. otherwise, ntfs sticks will be mounted read-only in /mnt/ntfs folder.
changed pegasusq governor defaults using AndreiLux’s settings. see this post for details
disabled force-install of superuser but I highly recommend you to “remove root” in extweaks and restart after flashing this kernel to prevent lockups and force-closes.
added scaling_min_freq and scaling_max_freq settings to extweaks. default is 100-1200MHz, battery profile default is 100-1000MHz, performance profile default is 200-1200MHz
just a little tweak to mdnie settings… see /sbin/ext/tweaks.sh for details
UPDATE: 29/5 wifi&mmc related fixes
DOWNLOAD TAR (for Odin)
DOWNLOAD ZIP (for CWM Recovery)

Posted in Uncategorized

Reactions: ironass
Upvote 0
gokhanmoral is going to have to stay off of the energy drinks and coffee... either that or I'll have to up my coffee intake to keep up with him. :coffee:

EDIT One teensy, weensy, little problem with Siyah 3.2.6.4... after installation I get, on reboot... "Triangle Away.... Could not locate hidden partition. Are you not running ICS?"

This is the Triangle away app from the Play Store reporting this.

I re-installed the previous Siyah, 3.2.6.3, and no problems there with it. So I re-installed 3.2.6.4 and I get the same message again!

Back to 3.2.6.3 for me then!

EDIT, EDIT

Good old gok! a fix is in the pipeline. See, here. :star:

Upvote 0
You linked the change log in your post, you cheese muppet!

Dementia must be really starting to get its claws in!

NURSE! More medication! :nurse:

I read, and re-read the changelog for the Siyah kernel, 2.3.6.4 and could not see it... it's mentioned in the, as yet un-released, Siyah 2.3.6.5 changelog... duh!

Clear as mud now. :stupido2:

Upvote 0
Siyah kernel v3.2.7.2 is up! :D

"Changelog:

fixed triangleaway support. boot partitions are not hidden anymore.

back to GZIP compression because of new lvm binary

nandroid backup from&restore to 2ndROM (restoring to 2ndROM will take long because of the formatting inefficiency of the data image file)

new feature: mDNIe negative effect toggling via home button. press it 4 times to toggle. I hope you will find it useful for web browsers with white background.
"

update(1/6): wifi driver updates from sgs3 sources

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones