• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Siyah Kernel for Boost Mobile Samsung Galaxy S2

I know this may be a little outdated but I am having a really hard time finding an answer so I thought I would just put it to the experts and see what kind of response I got.

I have a Boost Mobile, Samsung Galaxy S2 (SPH-D710BST)
Android 4.1.2
AGAT Kernel GB27 v 1.3.0
Build: GC01

I am wanting to know if it is compatible with Siyah kernel S2-v6.0beta5 ( SiyahKernel S2-v6.0beta5 | SiyahKernel)

I really haven't done much with it yet other than root via rwilco's instructions and the files that I got from his site. I have installed Titanium Backup and removed some of the Bloatware and I have used Triangle Away to remove the triangle from the Boot Screen.

So I have two questions:

1) Will the Siyah kernel work / be compatible with my phone? IF not, any suggestions for ROMs / kernels that you enjoy. I would like better battery life and to try some well built ROMs that are compatible with specifically the D710-BST model.

2) Since using the Triangle Away, I have no ability to control my screens brightness level, why?

Let me update this post please.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones