• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Sketching/writing on the Note

sketchy

Lurker
Jul 14, 2012
Hi

I'm interested in getting the note but I would like to hear people's responses before I get it. The stylus is a the big feature that's really wanting me to get the phone.

First I wanted to hear about people who use it to write. So far I've seen video reviews where people write a few words and thats great. But I wanted to know if people like using it to write several sentences on it as some sort of notepad and whether people use it that way on a daily basis or if not, why.

Also I wanted to use the note for sketching. I've seen you can actually create layers so you can create some complex drawings on it.
-Does that make the drawing ever lag?
-I was also wondering if you can keep hundreds of sketches or will it lag or do anything else from having too many stored on your phone?
-Is it easy to transfer the sketches off the phone to your computer?

Thanks for the responses.

This answer is written with the stylus and Swype.
Actually I tend to use my SGN more and more as a replacement for my laptop. Writing with Swype is very fast. Switching between German, English and Chinese is easy. As all my documents are on my cloud, I do have safe access to all my business documents with any online tool. Sketching is now a well integrated part of my business notes (I use evernote for that, as the google notes editor is not as good as that one). As for the size of your docs there is no limit for editing on your note. I always have my HD adapter with me, so if necessary, I can connect my SGN to any computer or TV in a meeting room.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones