SkinIt... Worth it or not?

Last Updated:

1. slider5634

slider5634 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Well... It's that time of year again... Football season is upon us and fans typically like to show their devotion to their favorite team. I too am one of these nut cases and have decided to show my devotion by, you guessed it, putting an NFL SkinIt on my Droid. I know these aren't meant for protection. So, this is more or less just to show off. It's already been ordered, paid for, and is out for delivery. So, it's a little too late to look back now.

However, I've not seen any posts for the D1 about these skins before and was wondering... does anybody have one? If so, what do you think of it? How well is it holding up and was it difficult to apply?

Advertisement
  2. jennay22

jennay22 Well-Known Member

I actually am using a similar product from DecalGirl. It's a flower themed skin (I just wanted my droid to look pretty/girly instead of the blah brn/blk color it is). I like it a lot! Yup, no drop protection at all, but it helps with minor scratches. I've been using it for 2 weeks now and it's still holding pretty well. It def takes practice to put it on, but I was able to do it. I think it took about 30 minutes because I wanted it perfect on there, but that's not possible so it's on as good as I can get it on. I might have to check out the NFL SkinIt and get a WASHINGTON REDSKINS skin!!!

sooper_droid12 likes this.
  3. Drumminraider204

Drumminraider204 Well-Known Member

I like it a lot..i only have it on the back though, and i bought a clear case off ebay so i have a case and my skin it so it works!

4. slider5634

UPDATE: SkinIt arrived in the mail last night. I gave my phone a solid cleaning and then applied it. Working slowly and carefully, I applied the vinyl pieces without much effort. Each piece went on straight and without bubbling and fit perfectly to boot. This is definitely a high quality vinyl product and I'd recommend it for anyone wanting to show off a little. Overall, I am extremely pleased with this product and would have to give it a 5/5.

I've attached a couple of photos so you guys can see. Apologies for the low quality of the pictures. I fear my Canon A610 is getting a little long in the tooth. If only I'd had ANOTHER Droid to take pictures with... LOL. :D

Attached Files:

SoDroid likes this.
  5. SinfulDragon

SinfulDragon Well-Known Member

The Vikings?!?!?!?!?!!?!?!??! thats it, you're banned ;)

6. twosips

twosips Member

must get the front screen piece perfectly straight. Also, no direct touch screen protection. I got around this by trimming a regular screen protector.

7. slider5634

I knew I'd eventually get flamed for that... Honestly, is there a single NFL (Non-Vikings) Fan that doesn't hate us this year? Guilty by association I suppose. :p

8. Zalandis

Zalandis Member

You ruined that droid!!! ;)

9. The FlyerFly

The FlyerFly Active Member

could have been worse. could have been a Cowboys skin.[​IMG]

seriously though...another really good site for skins is Mytego.com

You can completely customize the look of your phone with skins of your own design and i think they have a few licensed skins as well.

10. Drumminraider204

Drumminraider204 Well-Known Member

We don't talk bad about the Cowboys on here!

11. brnr17

brnr17 Well-Known Member

fixed it for ya! :D

12. kokiangel

kokiangel Well-Known Member

You could also try Zagg skins. They wrap around the edges too so they do protect from scratches on the sides a bit as well. Still don't protect from dropping your droid though. Mine has been on for a couple of months now and I really love it. About the same quality and you can get a 50% discount so it is reasonable if you are patient and watch their site and this site.

YankeeDudeL likes this.
  13. Tugdaturtle

Tugdaturtle Well-Known Member

lol i don't hate the vikings

Go TAMPA BAY !!!!!!!!!!!

14. UBRocked

UBRocked VZW Nexus Please!!! VIP Member

jennay22 and The FlyerFly have both been BANNED. Bad mouthing the Cowboys is against Forum Rules (well...maybe not...but it SHOULD be!)

I'm kidding...well sort of...

:D

15. sammyprosnit

sammyprosnit New Member

Haha, just awesome. If it was an Eagles skinit.... Yeah, i'm not going to go there and get hated on.

16. sooper_droid12

sooper_droid12 Well-Known Member

It's honestly because of Favre. The guy has zero integrity. His stock plummeted, Childress sold his soul, and the Vikings are reaping what they sowed. The fact that they beat the Cowboys is because the only other team in the NFL that is as karmically doomed (perhaps, more) is the Cowboys (Jerry Jones is the devil, and helped negotiate the deal on Childress' soul).

Incidentally, the skin on the screen... how does that affect using the soft keys (menu, search, home, back)?

SoDroid likes this.
  17. YankeeDudeL

YankeeDudeL Well-Known Member

Yanno UBR, we had such a great working relationship...until I read this. It's all about da GGGGGGGG-Men!!!!!

18. YankeeDudeL

YankeeDudeL Well-Known Member

The first thing I looked for in his pix was if it wrapped around the edges. I had initially bought the Body Glove cover and clip for my Droid when I first got it, but not being able to use it in the dock required me taking it off and on a lot, which caused more than a few scratches along the edge of the screen. Being as I now keep it bare, that def seems like a worthy option. It really annoys the crap out of me. So thanks!

19. Shannybaby99

Shannybaby99 Member

i only have the back and it's a Pittsburgh Penguins one! I love it, it looks cool. I might get a different one for my iTouch, maybe one for my favorite band. pretty cool though

20. Bramsy

Bramsy Well-Known Member

At least you football people aren't living in Michigan...

At least we have our wings

21. corbinator

corbinator Well-Known Member

YEAH WELL THE SAINTS ARE GOING TO UNLEASH ON ALL O' YA'LL!!!!! Just kidding I just couldn't resist.:D

on the OT, skinns are nice and all but I still love my DROID in it's vanilla glory! and after 7mo's with mine all nekked (well I do have a screen protector) I only have one small scratch in the case. I like nekked, maybe it's a southern because it's so darn hot down here.:D

22. kokiangel

kokiangel Well-Known Member

LOL nekkid is good in Alabama too but if anyone wants a 50% off discount for ZAGG let me know. I have one expiring October 31st and I really hate to waste it but I don't need it as I just got a new skin for my Droid.