skinned my first app :) :)

Last Updated:

1. the cdogg

the cdogg Active Member This Topic's Starter

Well I have been looking for a nextheme skinned pandora for a while and I finally decided to give it a try and do it myself. I still have to work on landscape mode, but I am so happy I am doing it on my own. I am learning so much from this site. Thanks for all of y'alls help!

[​IMG]

Advertisement
  2. JM33

JM33 Well-Known Member

So did you just theme the widget? I assume so based on the screen shot, but curious if you had themed the actual app. Kudos on the widget though, looks great!

For the landscape mode is there just a separate drawable file, perhaps in a drawable-land folder, or is it the same file? If it uses the same file, you may need to get familiar with 9-patch files. Basically they just stretch the file where you tell them to. The android dev guide has more info on it should you need it.

Great job and happy skinning!

3. the cdogg

Yeah. I guess I should have said widget instead of app. Its a seperate folder called land hdpi something or other for landscape mode. I still have a lot to get familiar with. Thanks for the info.

4. snowman9031

snowman9031 Well-Known Member

Kinda love the icons on bottom. Can u give me alittle more info on what you r running and where you got them. Please if you do not mind!:D

5. the cdogg

In the market they are called ibox. Search for "icon pack" and you will find a few sets, ibox 1,2, and 3. I used bettercut to install them. I think you can use home++ as well though.

6. JM33

JM33 Well-Known Member

OK that should be easy then, just repeat the process you used for portrait mode.

I really like it, any chance you'd like to share when its complete?

7. the cdogg

Yeah sure. I'll finish it tonight and post it up.