• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Accessories Skinomi = Lies?

Storm613

Jul 30, 2010
I put on my Skinomi Screen protector last night, and started using it right away (Didn't see the need to wait 24 hours...) It looked great. I noticed some of the liquid under the screen still, but that's supposed to go away in a few days.

I plug my phone in for the night, and go to bed. As I go throughout my day today I managed to put a small gouge in the screen protector... with my fingernail.... Skinomi claims this is a top of the line material that won't scratch for nothin'. But I can gouge it with my fingernail? I emailed Skinomi about this and they told me it will "self heal" in a few days.

Sounds like a bunch of boloney to me, but has anyone actually seen this self-healing voodoo screen protector work?

I'm giving it a few days, and if the voodoo magic doesn't work, I'm sending it back and I'm going to look into something else.

Edit: BTW I'm not walking around with razorblades at the ends of my fingers either... I bite them all the time so they're usually pretty harmless...

i bought a skinomi originally and the bubbles under the screen never dissapeared like they claimed they would. I gave it a chance had it on for a few days, was replaced by a zagg invisible shield(basically the same thing), and i am about to replace the zagg with a steinheil. My zagg is also claimed to be indestructible, but there are plenty of little scratches on it from sliding it in and out of my pocket, and one spot that me jeans hit it in has a pressure knick in it that does not fix itself, i have to work it out with my fingers when it happens, screw wet applications, and these companies that claim their products heal themselves, it is a load of crap.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones