• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Skins for Fancy Widgets?

Sorry to mooch off this topic, but I feel my question is relevant. I went to their site on my mobile phone (samsung intercept) and downloaded all of their skins. The FAQ said that they had to be in a special folder for the application to recognize them, so I connected my phone to my Mac and put them in the directory Android>Data>Fancy Widget>Clockskins, just like the FAQ said, and the application still doesn't recognize them. When I went to Appearance Settings and selected clock skins, only the default was there. I tried making a subfolder for each theme, with each folder having the name of the corresponding skin, but still nothing. What gives?

Upvote 0
Gerbetta33,

Did you unzip each clockskin before placing it in the directory?

Android>Data>Fancy Widget>Clockskins

For example, if the clock is called greenandroidclock the directory should read: Android>Data>Fancy Widget>Clockskins>greenandroidclock

When you unzip, the file ends up being greenandroidcloc>greenandroidclock

make sure you only have one folder, not a folder then subfolder, otherwise Fancy Widget will not read it.

BYT: Do you have the Fancy Widget free version, or the Fancy Widget Pro? If the Pro version you can download the skins directly from the FW Market. If not, then make sure your directory follows the same principles as the default skin that comes with FW free.

Upvote 0
Sorry to mooch off this topic, but I feel my question is relevant. I went to their site on my mobile phone (samsung intercept) and downloaded all of their skins. The FAQ said that they had to be in a special folder for the application to recognize them, so I connected my phone to my Mac and put them in the directory Android>Data>Fancy Widget>Clockskins, just like the FAQ said, and the application still doesn't recognize them. When I went to Appearance Settings and selected clock skins, only the default was there. I tried making a subfolder for each theme, with each folder having the name of the corresponding skin, but still nothing. What gives?

Where did you download the skins from because I can't find them anywhere!?!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones