Skipping song with earphonesSupport

Last Updated:

1. survivorevil

survivorevil Member This Topic's Starter

Ive had few android phones and with all of them I was able to skip songs pressing twice the button on my earphones mic. Now with the vibrant I cant do it anymore. any suggestion? is this normal?

Advertisement
  2. Big Dog KMc

Big Dog KMc Well-Known Member

Funny.

I just decided to try the ear buds that came with the vibrant yesterday. I never liked the "in your ear" type buds before but when i stuck them in,, they fit perfectly. I'v tried others and hated them. Plus i read some where here that the stock ear buds sound like crap.. Not for me. clean sharp highs clean deep bass and loud.

to answer your question the stock buds do not have a mic in them. the button is only to pause the music. I could not get them to do anything else. double press, long press, ..... nothing for me. when i get a call the phones mic is used.

3. survivor

survivor Member

I don't know yours but mines have a mic. I know because I use them as a handsfree headset. Besides I also have another pair with bult in mic and with none of them I can skip songs as I used to do it

Big Dog KMc likes this.
  4. Big Dog KMc

Big Dog KMc Well-Known Member

You are wright. Took a closer look with a 10x magnifier and yup, there is the mic hole.

5. survivorevil

survivorevil Member This Topic's Starter

I just installed winamp and im able to skip songs with double tapping. The only defect of this music player is the lack of equalizer... I guess this function depends on the music player. I thought it was an issue with the phone