Sky Go??General

1. alexward

alexward Active Member

Evening all.
    Has anyone heard any news on when OneX users will be getting Sky Go??
    I used to be a regular user of it when I had my desire, but its STILL not avail for the OneX.
    Come on Sky.... Pull your bloody thumb out.....

Advertisement
  2. Ironclad

Ironclad Well-Known Member

About bloody time.

Ps i'll have
  3. camel_chops

camel_chops Active Member

4. GingerRob

GingerRob Well-Known Member

And then it will stop working when we upgrade to Jelly Bean.
  5. camel_chops

camel_chops Active Member

More than likely
  6. coos lick

coos lick Well-Known Member

7. Martin L

Martin L Well-Known Member

What a feckin' farce after waiting all this time you are only allowed two devices to be registered to your sky account.
    I'm already on two devices....
    Looks like my phone has to go without.
  8. anoniemouse

anoniemouse Well-Known Member

9. Wilkas

Wilkas Well-Known Member

Coos had a look earlier and some people are saying they're glad it's been fixed for JB, gonna have a look myself later on
  10. El Presidente

El Presidente Beware The Milky Pirate! VIP Member

Does the 2 device thing apply to Android devices only or 2 devices altogether?
  11. Kennym

Kennym Member

Altogether.
    El Presidente likes this.
  12. Silver Surfer

Silver Surfer Well-Known Member

Sky Go installed and working on my One X (on ICS).

The 2 device limit and only one change per month is a bit of a bind but I can understand the reasons why.
  13. Wilkas

Wilkas Well-Known Member

Works great on mine. Has anyone got one of those docking stations for the One X? Does it have an hdmi output on it?
  14. rod9669

rod9669 Well-Known Member

yes, but not tried it with skygo. TBH I was very disappointed with the list of channels available, as I don't subscribe to either the sports or movie packages
  15. Wilkas

Wilkas Well-Known Member

I can understand that Rod, I do get the sports so I'm quite happy but it does seem a little bare... maybe they'll add more in the future.
  16. Netherdragon

Netherdragon Well-Known Member

HDMI out should be disabled when sky go is running. Its built in to the app to work that way, and is one of the reasons we have had to wait so long for sky go updates as this has to be disabled on each individual device in a different way apparently.

Also I have the HTC official speaker dock and it is literally just a speaker. No HDMI, no headphone out, nothing...
  17. GingerRob

GingerRob Well-Known Member

You can stream Sky Go to your tv using the HTC Media link. You have to start watching on your phone before connecting to the media link otherwise it errors out. I let it run for about a minute as my phone was not on charge, but it was running ok. Hope this helps.
  18. Wilkas

Wilkas Well-Known Member

Just I've got a small hdmi telly upstairs so thought I could watch the football upstairs, save me some grief of the missus :D
  19. Ironclad

How do I get this skygo? Is it an app? My sister says I can steal her connection. :)
  20. Liamo_210

Liamo_210 Well-Known Member

It's an app on the Google play store. I'm on talpalk right now so I can't provide you a link. Just search it and it should show up mate.:D
  21. Ironclad

I wonder if it would be best to put it on my nexus 7 tab or just my phone. Or can one speak to the other, so to say.
  22. El Presidente

El Presidente Beware The Milky Pirate! VIP Member

Seeing as HDMI out doesn't work, because of the bigger screen, I used one of mine on the Nexus 7.
  23. Ironclad

Do we have to create a sky id, as a poacher, or do I just have to add my sisters email addy & her PW?
  24. Liamo_210

Liamo_210 Well-Known Member

I think you add your sister pw anyway.