• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
I work for Sky, albeit in a rather lowly part time manner (I'm a full time student) we have the means to make suggestions to the business etc and whilst I'd hope this is something Sky would have thought of previously I did make the suggestion to release official Android apps.

There is an unofficial sky+ app, but it's paid. I bought it and it works rather well. The only down side is that it doesn't store your username and password, so you always have to log in when making a recording. Also as it's paid, if an official app is ever released it'd be money down the drain. I think it's called Sky Remote Record or something similar.

Upvote 0
Thats disappointing to hear guys.

On Sky Remote Record, I took a look at the market page but only refers to recording ota. What I'm really looking for is a beeb player for sky, so I can watch live tv at work.

If you sky guys could keep suggesting I plan on emailing sky about an official Android app. It frustrates me that bit companies are still so far mainly ignoring Android despite the massive grow in market share over the last year.

Fingers crossed.

Upvote 0
Thats disappointing to hear guys.

On Sky Remote Record, I took a look at the market page but only refers to recording ota. What I'm really looking for is a beeb player for sky, so I can watch live tv at work.

If you sky guys could keep suggesting I plan on emailing sky about an official Android app. It frustrates me that bit companies are still so far mainly ignoring Android despite the massive grow in market share over the last year.

Fingers crossed.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones