Sky Raider Question

Last Updated:

1. paugster

paugster Member This Topic's Starter

Can someone help me out with a simple set of instructions in order to achieve root with sky radier 2.5.2 ROM.

I am currently on 2.1 stock rom. I understand the process that I need to do with the unrevoked tools. Once I have it rooted and run Unrevoked forever. What do I need to do to load the Sky Raider ROM. Am I able to keep all of my applications that I have installed. I would like to be able to keep my phone how it is set up currently. Any help is a ppreciated. Thanks!!!

Advertisement
  2. dixonba

dixonba Well-Known Member

3. dixonba

i updated my radio before i flashed skyraider btw.

4. paugster

Can I install this ROM from ROM manager while using 2.1 It will just install over the top and not cause any issues. I dont have to update to 2.2 first?

It states on the Sky Raider Link above:
    "1. A full wipe when installing 2.5.2 is not required if you are flashing 2.5.2 Vanilla over 2.2 Vanilla or 2.5.2 Sense over 2.2 Sense. Any other combo requires a full wipe. S-OFF is not required to install these ROMs."

5. manguard

manguard Member

I was in the same boat as you until last night. I'm freshly flashed to sky raider. At each step thoroughly read and reread each of the programs' (unrevoked, forever, rom) instructions and cautions if it doesn't work it's because you didn't follow instructions.
    There are also lots of good youtube videos related to the steps I list below.

0. Backup &Reformat your as card as fat 32 default allocation size- have at least 1 gb free once done formatting.
    1. Run the latest unrevoked 3. (reboot and make sure super user appeared in apps list)
    2. Go back into clockwork recovery and be sure to do that nandroid backup.
    3. Run the unrevoked forever h boot file.(afterwards full reboot then reboot back to recovery and make sure the first line has"s-off"at the end of it)
    4. Load the 2.15.... Radio zip file to the root of your sd card preserving the name and boot to hboot again, confirm the install. Reboot and confirm you haven't bricked your phone yet.
    5. Put the sky raider rom on your sd card and reboot to clockwork recovery again, choose erase phone data and cache data (full wipe here) then choose update from zip file, select the rom zip file you copied and confirm.

Good luck and enjoy froyo.

6. paugster

This sounds great. Thanks for all of the info. Is there anything I need to update regarding the Kernal. Are there any known issues with Sky Raider or is it solid all the way through. Thanks again!!!!

7. dixonba

Solid

8. r1dePrkCty

r1dePrkCty Well-Known Member

does sky raider give 720p and that whole deal?

9. dixonba

The updated radio gives you 720.

10. r1dePrkCty

r1dePrkCty Well-Known Member

okay everything seems to be running great. Now how do i find flash 10.1 cuz i dont see it in the market? Oh and where do i find usb tethering?

11. manguard

manguard Member

use astro to navigate to /sdcard/skyraider and run the flash apk install, don't upgrade to a newer flash though or youll lose hulu

r1dePrkCty likes this.