Skyfire 2.0 with FULL Flash for Android

Last Updated:

1. Lyvewire

Lyvewire Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I came across this 1.5 Skyfire application when I had a Touch Pro 2, (for flash), even though it was slow and choppy. They had a updated 2.0 version released ONLY Android last month, and I couldnt wait to get my hands on this Sprint EVO to test it out. I know the EVO has flash but some sites are still limited...

Skyfire doesnt have any limits, (from what I seen so far). It gives you the option to use either browser whenever you come across flash content. I know 2.2 is supposed to have Adobe flash but I also noticed in the reviews for the Beta version it wasnt doing a good job rendering the videos yet. Hopefully it'll be fixed.

However Skyfire 2.2 DOES and render the videos to fullscreen. Just wanted to share this, (I almost sound like a Skyfire rep). Just thought this was a cool app. Should everyone off until Android 2.2 is ready. Didnt post the link since I wasnt sure what the policy on that was in this forum. Just google Skyfire and download..

Advertisement
  2. TheBiles

TheBiles Well-Known Member

I tried it on my Hero, and it was the slowest, most worthless piece of junk that I had ever used. Dolphin Browser HD has been flawless for me, though.

3. newone757

newone757 Well-Known Member

its is slow. But if you NEED some kin of flash content not available on the others, it cant be beat

worldstarhiphop.com videos for example ONLY work on skyfire. I use it for quick entertainment

4. bwillie007

bwillie007 Well-Known Member

Skyfire was cool for old phones that couldn't support flash. For example, on my MOGUL, I absolutely loved it. Ever since I've had my EVO, I don't see much use for it.

5. Lyvewire

Lyvewire Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Funny you mentioned that. That site is like my daily newspaper at work. Couldnt believe it worked that could on this phone..

6. marctronixx

marctronixx Moderator Moderator

i have the latest version on my pro2 and it beats opera and IE. ill give it a shot on android also.. have not tried dolphin...

7. Slylust

Slylust Active Member

is skyfire the browser that renders server side and hence it is not a good idea to use it for logging on your bank account etc

8. thediew

thediew Member

Thats Opera

9. colnago

colnago Well-Known Member

Yes, Skyfire processes sites on their servers, then present them to fully to your device. Whether its good to enter your sensitive information or not? That's up to you...I stopped using it after I confirmed that I could access/listen to my online XM account on my Moto Q.

10. suprmallet

suprmallet Well-Known Member

It should be noted that Skyfire works for flash video but not interactive flash content like games.

11. marctronixx

marctronixx Moderator Moderator

thunderhawk as well...

12. whatsitsname

whatsitsname Well-Known Member

Skyfire 1.5 is garbage. Slow, laggy, and crashes often. Only reason I used it is because it was the only brower that allow me to stream sports video live. Barely watchable but hey its better than nothing. I truly hope the newer version is better.

13. Panafilm06

Panafilm06 New Member

Just started using skyfire beta on motoDroid and it works perfect for me, quick full screen and excelent picture quality which i didnt expect.

14. Aridon

Aridon Well-Known Member

You can grab the hacked version of 10 flash on xda. It works much better. Sky fire is way to slow for me.

15. Aridon

Aridon Well-Known Member