skyfire browser

Last Updated:

1. clamman

clamman Member This Topic's Starter

hi im a newbe to this forum and android i am looking to get the vibrant but i want to know if any one has tried the skyfire browser and have got weather maps to animate with this browser? i need animated weather maps for my job
    thanks in advance

Advertisement
  2. CureMS

CureMS Well-Known Member

I've been battling with skyfire and it appears that you can access animated maps but I haven't been able to do so.

I have accessed animated maps in the weather channel app and in the Dolphin HD browser.

3. clamman

anyone else have any luck with weater maps to get them to animate until 2.2 comes out i would like to get the vibrant if i can get this to work or maybe i will get the htc g2 now ?

4. melll

melll Well-Known Member

I love skyfire.

For certain things. Like watching videos on some sites.

So awesome.

It doesnt do all the animations that well though.

5. clamman

if some one could check on there vibrant if they get animated radar maps to move that would be great or know of way to do it i want to pick up a phone this week if i cant get the vibrant to work i will get the g2

6. perpetual

perpetual Well-Known Member

I believe that the weather channel as well as other apps have animated radar maps. I've never tried any of them though.

7. psz

psz Well-Known Member

The Weather Channel app does indeed have animated maps.

Not the fastest things in the world, but they are zoomable and are pretty much exactly like the ones on the weather.com site.

8. Big Dog KMc

Big Dog KMc Well-Known Member

All of the Radar Loops that I have used . Accuweather, wunderground uses Motion .Gif files which Android does not support.

This is My website.

http://kmcmachineworks.netfirms.com

I designd My own weather page with the frames that show different Loops.

The Weather Page

The only reason I could do this is that they are .Gif files.
    I even resized them bigger.

none of the loops move in my vibrant.

9. flywatt

flywatt Well-Known Member

I canned skyfire. Used it for a few days, and it kept holding up. No luck on the weather radars either, I also use radars for work. It would be handy. I did like the more reasonable zooming than the stock browser, but grew tired of it holding up all the time, especially on facebook (not a fan of the facebook app, i only keep it to do mobile uploads). Maybe I'll give the dolphin broswer a shot.

10. clamman

if you find something that works well please let me know i would like to get the vibrant now that they fixed the gps and lag (just need 2.2) the g2 is having a lot of problems now so i dont want it.
    thanks jack

11. the1who

the1who Well-Known Member

My personal favorite is MyWeather Mobile. I would love to have the paid app on an iPhone for the Android but it appears they aren't developing towards Android. MyWeather Mobile is the next best thing I have seen compared to it. I can't really select different radar products but the integration of google maps and the radar impress me. I have seen weatherbug radar and it is comparable. For whatever reason I am more stuck on this app though. Both provide animated radar maps though.

12. VegasTouch

VegasTouch Well-Known Member

I use both Skyfire and Opera. Both work fine for me. I tend to use Opera a little more though. No real reason why except maybe i think it is faster but they are really about the same. Just a habit because Opera was way faster than Dolphin...which i deleted.