• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

skyfire browser

if some one could check on there vibrant if they get animated radar maps to move that would be great or know of way to do it i want to pick up a phone this week if i cant get the vibrant to work i will get the g2

All of the Radar Loops that I have used . Accuweather, wunderground uses Motion .Gif files which Android does not support.

This is My website.

http://kmcmachineworks.netfirms.com

I designd My own weather page with the frames that show different Loops.

The Weather Page

The only reason I could do this is that they are .Gif files.
I even resized them bigger.

none of the loops move in my vibrant.

Upvote 0
I canned skyfire. Used it for a few days, and it kept holding up. No luck on the weather radars either, I also use radars for work. It would be handy. I did like the more reasonable zooming than the stock browser, but grew tired of it holding up all the time, especially on facebook (not a fan of the facebook app, i only keep it to do mobile uploads). Maybe I'll give the dolphin broswer a shot.

Upvote 0
I canned skyfire. Used it for a few days, and it kept holding up. No luck on the weather radars either, I also use radars for work. It would be handy. I did like the more reasonable zooming than the stock browser, but grew tired of it holding up all the time, especially on facebook (not a fan of the facebook app, i only keep it to do mobile uploads). Maybe I'll give the dolphin broswer a shot.
if you find something that works well please let me know i would like to get the vibrant now that they fixed the gps and lag (just need 2.2) the g2 is having a lot of problems now so i dont want it.
thanks jack

Upvote 0
My personal favorite is MyWeather Mobile. I would love to have the paid app on an iPhone for the Android but it appears they aren't developing towards Android. MyWeather Mobile is the next best thing I have seen compared to it. I can't really select different radar products but the integration of google maps and the radar impress me. I have seen weatherbug radar and it is comparable. For whatever reason I am more stuck on this app though. Both provide animated radar maps though.

Upvote 0
if you find something that works well please let me know i would like to get the vibrant now that they fixed the gps and lag (just need 2.2) the g2 is having a lot of problems now so i dont want it.
thanks jack

I use both Skyfire and Opera. Both work fine for me. I tend to use Opera a little more though. No real reason why except maybe i think it is faster but they are really about the same. Just a habit because Opera was way faster than Dolphin...which i deleted.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones