1. In regards to recently combined carrier specific root forums, if your device forum was affected, please see this poll/thread!

skype on b2

1. cmantelope

cmantelope Well-Known Member

HI

After reading recent posts re: skype..is a correct assumption that if and when there is a skype app supporting voip for android, the b2 would then be able to receive skype video calls? - (and I suppose it would be only on the android 2.0 - and b2 would have to get that too) - and - do windows phones already support skype now? - do I really have to get an iphone if I want to skype?

thks

Advertisement
  2. chris76

chris76 Active Member

Skype for Windows Mobile works perfectly. Skype for Android does not exist yet. Skype Lite is a paid service for calls; chat is free.
  3. cmantelope

Thanks so much, that was very helpful!
  4. tikiral

tikiral Well-Known Member

On the other hand, there IS now a Fring app for Android and that'll work fine with your Skype or SIP account supposedly. Haven't finished setting it up and trying yet due to not getting my device set up on the WPA-Enterprise wireless here at the office.

Sounds like it should be really easy though.
  5. cmantelope

Thank you so much for your post....if you do get it going, would you please post your impressions/experiences? -

I appreciate your time, and info :)
  6. kam187

kam187 Well-Known Member

I use sipdroid as a sip client myself. its not bad, but does drop frames every now and then. I think its due to CPU stall rather than packet loss.

I switch between gizmo5 linked to google voice for free US calls, and a paid sip account.