Skype on Hero?

Last Updated:

1. sed108

sed108 New Member This Topic's Starter

Today Verizon announced that they will be offering Skype-to-Skype calls via Skype Mobile: Verizon Announces Game-Changing Skype Deal | Android Phone Fans

As far as I know, Skype has not yet offered a full-featured Skype app for Android users, but this seems about to change (at least for Verizon customers).

Does anyone have any idea if this translates to such functionality being available HTC Hero user's on Sprint?

Advertisement
  2. Konikub

Konikub Well-Known Member

Right now the current plan is to launch (on Verizon) in March on the Motorola Droid, Motorola Devour, & Droid Eris. Most likely we will see it come over to Sprint, but when that will be.....remains a question.

What they will be offering as a full featured skype client is:

- make and receive unlimited Skype-to-Skype voice calls to any Skype user around the globe on America

3. i VTAK

i VTAK Well-Known Member

I play Call of Duty on the Wii and joined a clan, a lot of the guys on there communicate with skype. I have a crappy computer that's far from my Nintendo anyhow, so I looked into skype for my Hero and found it really isn't available. It would be really nice if this got up and running for us!