• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Skype on HTC Desire

Not sure what you mean about setting up Skype on Nimbuzz - I use a new (Nimbuzz) account to make calls

Nimbuzz can use various protocols for communicating, including Skype. You create a Nimbuzz account and then use it to log onto your Skype account and talk to your Skype contacts - just like for fring. Your Skype contacts should see you log on and off Skype when you use Nimbuzz. It is the main reason people who want Skype on their mobiles use Nimbuzz - it is the only app that does this for the moment.

Upvote 0
Ah I see - to be honest I don't leave Nibuzz running as it does eat up battery! When I start Nimbuzz, it finds my Skype contacts OK (from my contacts list) and I can see if my contacts are online, and I've checked, and it shows people running skype that I am online (although they just see me as online running skype and don't know that I'm running Nimbuzz) - when I find time I'm going to try Nimbuzzout which is what I really want it for! (3 to 3 is free in the UK so I'd only use Nimbuzz when overseas to call landlines back in the UK)

Upvote 0
From what I have Heard and witnessed if your Not With the Expensive Verizon Wireless you can not Use Skype with your phone for Video Calling Sure you can try all these short cuts and but The skype Video calling feature has blocked all other users unless you are with the VERIZON company. we bought a evo today and after seeing count less YOUTUBE videos on how the EVO works so great on Skype. this was one of the main reasons we got this phone.

listen People its about Getting and Keeping Customers.
If you love APPLE and IPAD and IPHONE products your going to go to ATT because ..hey Apple has mad it self only exclusive to that company!.. NOW SKYPE has pulled their app off of ALL ANDROID markets and Made There SELF EXCLUSIVE to VERIZON only.. 2 big expensive companies that cant compare price wise with SPRINT.. therefore If ya want Skype that Bad... get that money up and go to VERIZON.. which by the way is going to charge you for a minute plan, and a text/internet plan...

I say this.. Skype is Great!! but when companies want to play these little games Im fine with just Using it on my Laptop. its unfortunate for those who use skype Often. \
I do here that They will eventually wake up and smell the roses and come back to reality but right now they have their secret back door agreement for how ever long.

thanks..
Skype for Sprint/HTC Evo/ Android - Skype Community Read these post to find out more.

Upvote 0
Hi i was interested to read your note on getting skype on a HTC phone I have down loaded skype with no problems to my HTC Desire . Its working well all apart from one problem i can not send text message to mobile phones like i could with my old iphone is there any thing i can do to resolve this problem ?

Kind regards J

Upvote 0
bring this thread up...

Ive installed Skype on my Desire and it seems like it is working fine. My one problem is the call sound. My sound notification in the phone is at full/100% and yet the ring sound from Skype is very low, I barely hear it. Is there a setting to change the sound notification in Skype?

The skype ringer volume is controlled by the media playback volume, not the phone ringer volume. Even then when that is wacked up full it is still pretty quiet. The seems to be a bug with the ring tone as when in that you cannot selected custom tones. (you can select but it makes no difference) Last problem with the skype apps is that after about 5 mins the call starts to break up. This is with wifi or 3G.

Other than that, skype is a good app that I use all the time now when abroad inc 3G

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones