Skype on Wildfire (3 network)Support

Last Updated:

1. mhraja

mhraja Member This Topic's Starter

I have Wildfire with 3 network and they have installed Skype on it. But whenever I get calls from Skype I don't know who is calling since it only gives a specific number but not the name (ID) of the person. Anyone knows how can I change the settings of Skype so that instead of number the name 9ID) should appear?

Advertisement
  2. chakri

chakri New Member

Hello can you please tell me how can I download skype application on my HTC wildfire A3333 mobile prepsently I am on 3 network

3. mhraja

If you are using 3, skype will be in your favourites and the setup will be in your download folder.

If its not you can download from My3. Good Luck :rolleyes:

4. ukstan

ukstan Well-Known Member

Wow i must look at that, i tried to download skype from market and i was told there was no version for android
    Thanks i will try it now
    stan

5. tiggerlator

tiggerlator Well-Known Member

could you upload the file for skype from your download folder please?

6. rosiekatie

rosiekatie New Member

could anyone please upload skype for htc wildfire? i have a 3 contract sim .but got bored of my sony fone and bought an unlocked htc from c.fone whs with no added 3 bits ..eg planet 3 ect :( plz help?

7. StrifeX

StrifeX Member

When is Skype for Android going to be available?

8. ukstan

ukstan Well-Known Member

9. rosiekatie

rosiekatie New Member

hiya ukstan is it free for 3 users? or is skypes own version where u have to pay to use it? thanks for your help :)

10. mhraja

11. mhraja

You can visit Planet 3 by typing

http://mobile.three.co.uk/hb/HutchKey

on your cellphone browser.

There you can download all application for 3 users.

Good Luck

stormhawk likes this.
  12. MrEnigma

MrEnigma New Member

13. mhraja

Have you tried using Skype via Vopium or someother alternative application. Search on google for Skype alternative for android. I have Skype so I don't know much but my friends use skype using alternative applications like Vopium.

Good Luck!

14. ukstan

ukstan Well-Known Member

I used this link
    Skype mobile? for Android? smartphones

As to is it free on 3, well when i try to connect via wifi i get a message saying it cant be used via wifi only via mobile internet which is the same message i got when i used skype on my nokia and that was free. Maybe check with 3

15. Patsypants

Patsypants New Member

can you make free calls to skype phones using vopium? I'm guessing not, but it's worth asking.

16. stormhawk

stormhawk New Member

ive just installed skype on my HTC wildfire using my3. hope everyone has settled this issue

17. rahulay

rahulay New Member

Hi,
    I have HTC wildfie 3 contract. Now I am facing similar problem. Did you solved this problem? Please let me know. Thanks

18. rahulay

rahulay New Member

Can you able to see the caller when you are getting incoming skype call?

19. rahulay

rahulay New Member

I have Wildfire with 3 network and they have installed Skype on it. But whenever I get calls from Skype I don't know who is calling since it only gives a specific number but not the name (ID) of the person. Anyone knows how can I change the settings of Skype?

20. majkeldude88

majkeldude88 New Member

Alright people! This is the situation; there are many out there like myself a few hours ago absolutely doing your nut in because goddamn skype won't work properly! Yea, I know the android software for skype is on the market however it is a real architectural disaster! You download it and you might experience cracking sounds in the background and it renders the conversation you wish to indulge in absolutely incomprehendable. Even better, I am a "3" customer and this is the best part - bought a phone the other day which was SIMLOCK FREE, notice that network phones usually blocked and three handsets have modified software which means that there was NO "3 customer products/software" on it such as skype. It is a different application to the android market skype - the only issue with that is it will only work through your phone's internet and you must be a 3 customer - for those that aren't on three this information is going to be frustrating but I am not here to brag or put you down but to try and help as much as I can. Skype have really annoyed me with locking Fring and Nizzbuzz(i think that's the right name) out denying the use of their application - they really haven't helped themselves there, yet more annoyingly their technical department ought to be sacked for keeping us loyal customers waiting for such a long time and let us wait further...seriously, the ought to be customer driven and at the rate its going they will lose decent customers.

Anyhow, for 3 customers type in google: Three UK "Skype" APK - Android @ MoDaCo (I didn't read the agreement with regards to these posts therefore I am not putting the web page in), press on the first link and download the zip. Then, get you're sd card out of the phone, plug it into an adapter, open the zip and transfer the file in the zip to the mini sd card, place it back into your phone, download FileBrowser Silver Lite from android market on your phone, install the application work it and voila. My poor wildfire works perfectly! - where before I had that weird shuttering/cracking noise now it's crystal clear. For the rest of you I hope that skype will sort something out because they are treating you with contempt and I have lost a lot of respect for them. Best of luck to all of you. Many thanks

21. mirjee

mirjee New Member

Skype is not working on my HTC Wildfire 2.2.1. Voice call is not going one. Is I need to downgrade it or something else?