Skype Verizon vs. Skype for AndroidGeneral

Last Updated: 2012-01-26 03:49:07
  1. Peter123

Peter123 Well-Known Member

What is the difference between Skype for Verizon (comes with the phone and Skype for Android that one can download from the market?

Thanks,
    Peter

Advertisement
  2. nickc9.3

nickc9.3 Well-Known Member

Verizon is stupid
  3. dansamy

dansamy Well-Known Member

4. bberryhill0

bberryhill0 Well-Known Member

I think the non-Verizon version is better. Not sure.
    Peter123 likes this.
  5. blackepoxy

blackepoxy Well-Known Member

I don't think you can do video calls on the pre installed Verizon Skype one, you have to DL the one from the market and clear data on the pre installed one.
    I might be wrong but, it might have been updated now to allow you to do so now.
    I use an app called Tango for video calls that works decent.
    Peter123 likes this.
  6. davidchsw

davidchsw Well-Known Member

The Verizon Skype makes you turn off wifi to make a Skype call. The other version does not.
  7. Peter123

Peter123 Well-Known Member

I never noticed that. On the contrary, it seems to me that it uses wifi when it is available. I have Skype version 2.6.0.95. I think this a Verizon version,
    but I can be wrong.
    Peter

Edit. I guess I was wrong. That version number belongs to the Android Skype....the Verizon Skype version number is 1.6-something...
  8. blackepoxy

blackepoxy Well-Known Member

I use the non Verizon one and it wors very well over wifi...& 3G too. Did a video call today with my f-i-l on his galaxy nexus while my kids were camping with them, both phones on 3g, worked great!!!

I don't mess with any of the Verizon bloatware, and have never even opened any of it, i got An app locking all of it...

BTW, I trashed tango for it...
  9. derrickdroid

derrickdroid Well-Known Member

Usually the non-verizon apps are the better ones because they are getting frequent updates and additions. The verizon apps are 1 time release sorta apps.