Skype video chat coming to 2.3

Last Updated:

1. ILoveMyDroid

ILoveMyDroid Well-Known Member

greetings forum dwellers. according to a private source, the rumor today is that Skype video chat over 3G, 4G, and Wi-Fi will be available in the next release of android (2.3) the only known device acquainted with this improved feature is none other than the HTC Thunderbolt for Verizon yet it is reasonable to suspect that many other phones will follow suit. right now Verizon and Skype are going through phases of feuding and unresolved problems and bugs within the software itself. once this tension is relieved we all will be able to experience video chat to its fullest effect.

2. Usta

Usta Well-Known Member

About the bloody time...
  3. lordofthereef

lordofthereef Well-Known Member

I'll believe it when I see it. There is no real reason for them to wait until 2.3, so I don't even understand why it has taken THIS long.
  4. ILoveMyDroid

ILoveMyDroid Well-Known Member

I still dont understand why all of the demos at CES worked flawlessly but failed to be included in the list of apps upon release. but i certainly hope that verizon doesn't drop its association with skype.
  5. wenglish

wenglish Active Member

Why would Skype allow video over 3G, when they deliberately prevent voice over 3G (in the US)?