Skype with Video CallsGeneral

Last Updated: 2012-01-30 00:14:40
  1. norton112233

norton112233 Well-Known Member

Did anyone try video calling on skype, installed in your lephone..
    i installed..but it doesn't work..
    please do share if it works in your or any hacked skype software for our lephone...thanks..

Advertisement
  2. Rocky4u

Rocky4u Well-Known Member

I did not.
    I am curious if the front camera really works
  3. RoscoNZ

RoscoNZ Member

Hi There,

I have not tried using Skype for video, but can confirm that the front camera works on my phone.
    I have a 3GW100 running OS Build 2.5.0 Le UI 3.5 NEWBILITY

If you go into the 'vissage' app you can select 'self shot' or 'self video'
    tested both working.

Cheers, Ross.
  4. orestis

orestis Well-Known Member

mine front camera worked only on leUi 2.5 on 3.5 it says that it's for china unicom customers.....
  5. Rocky4u

Rocky4u Well-Known Member

yes I know that visage works with front camera, however I think the camera application should be also able to switch to front camera.
    by the way how to do video calls on 3g?
  6. orestis

I really can't understand the developers of LeUi they manage to unlock the front camera and then they locked it again...
  7. RoscoNZ

RoscoNZ Member

Strange, I live in New Zealand and the Vissage works just fine, doesn't say it is for China unicom customers only, and i'm using leUI 3.5
  8. orestis

in Greece it doesnt work...
  9. atko

atko Active Member

For me Vissage don't run. I have 3.5 Newbility on 3GW101. Which model do you have?
  10. RoscoNZ

RoscoNZ Member

I have a 3GW100 model.
  11. Pino13

Pino13 Well-Known Member

I just installed the new Skype version (2.1.0.46) and the video call works, unfortunately it works only with the back camera.

Download the new skype version here:
    com.skype.raider-1.apk
  12. King_bob

King_bob Well-Known Member

Visage is usable with some firmware versions, and not with others. (with the first vanilla phone version 1.6 it was usable for anyone) unfortunately I forgot to check the new versions after installing them.

as for skype, I can say, it doesnt work with the native gingerbread version 2.3, for some reason skype wants to reinstall itself, over and over agan.
  13. norton112233

thanks dude..it works..hope we can use the front cam too..
  14. xavierpj

xavierpj Member

I have the back camera with Skype working. I'm using the latest Skype downloaded from the Market as I'm using the 2.3.2 Nova fix2 Vanilla android ROM... I can actually download skype and many other apps that I can't under LeOS.
  15. King_bob

skype works with camera using the LeOS versions 2.0, 2.0.3 and the 2.0.4 version plus any derivitive of them (innovation and cool blue)
  16. norton112233

It works with Newbility LeUI 3.5 too...but does the front camera works in leoS 2.0.3 or 2.0.4 or 2.0 or the innovation or cool blue??
  17. norton112233

i got the same one..3G101 with LeUi 3.1..am in china..and it works out here..
  18. King_bob

no, only the back camera works
  19. orestis

I want to pass a rom which the front camera work and it's a good ro(not smth full of bug)? Any suggestions? I have LeUi 3.5 but I cant use the front camera...
  20. atko

atko Active Member

Hi all,
    in new firmware 2.0.7 front camera is active and you can use it. I think that will work with skype
  21. orestis

where can I download it?
  22. atko

atko Active Member

There is thread new firmware release 2.0.7
  23. orestis

how can I change to english?
  24. orestis

I found it thank you...