• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root skyraider 2.0.1

4x4le

Feb 11, 2010
Tennessee
Im running this rom but later I seen that they are saying that you need the leaked ota raido. To the best of my knowlege I shouldnt have that since I never have done anything (that I know of) to add that raido.

The rom seems to run fine, I can make calls just fine ect, but how can I know if I have the new raido? I did the rom through rom manager paid. And If I dont have the raido, how do I add it?

Im still a noob at this, I think im learning fast but I just need a little more help connecting a few more dots.

Thanks.

settings, about phone, software, software number, if its 1.22.605.2 thats the stock radio,
I personally would leave it like that, thats how I have it, and the rom runs great, if you want things like cmacorders or recoring in 720 then yea do the ota leak, but imho id just hold out, and wait for the OTA 2.2 to hit, and someone will compile it into a flash for us root users, you wont be missing out for long.

Upvote 0
So am I right in thinking if I do a titanium backup on my current rom, then flash the leaked ota, then install skyraider again and then restore my backup from titanium everything will be like it is now aside from the camcorder will now work? If so I could totally live with that rom....err untill 2.3 or when the next best thing lands that is.

Upvote 0
1739c462.jpg

Camcorder does not work for me. Just locks up the phone and makes it reboot.

I guess Im just going to go back to the stock 2.1 until I can have 2.2 with all the working features and have my wifi tether seen as a hotspot instead of adhoc.

I am excited about 2.2 though. It did seem faster and nicer overall.

Upvote 0
Yea i get that now. I may try correcting it. I may just wait untill apps to sd and wifi tether (as a true hotspot and not adhoc) will work, unless updating the raido will do that for me. Im about to have a much needed week off work so i may find the time to read up on all of the stuff ive been wanting to. Work can be too time consuming lol.....

Upvote 0
why would I want to use SkyRaider if the 2.2 OTA leak is available?

It has been debloated somewhat (compared to eclair) but I'm not sure what all junk fryo is coming with stock.

It is however a work in progress. Its fun how easy it is to go back and fourth with root, but installing 2.0.1 allowed me to remember the bad taste I got in my mouth installing leaks on my old eris. I can't wait untill there is a solid nice home cooked 2.2 sense rom

Upvote 0
why would I want to use SkyRaider if the 2.2 OTA leak is available?
In my experience, it's been far more stable and has fixes for common problems already incorporated into it. With the stock leak, the user has to change Gmail versions and the market fingerprint to make those two apps even usable.

It's deodexed, which makes it far more customizable. In my case, I haven't yet applied any custom themes, but I have removed the battery and location icons from the notifications bar.

Of course, now that the latest stock leak has been posted and is deodexed, I might flash that just to give it a whirl.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones