Skyraider 3.0 RC3 feedback

Last Updated:

1. birthofahero

birthofahero Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Has anyone tried this out yet and if so, how is it? Any bugs? Stable? Im running 2.5.2 with great results so im curious to see how this one is turning out.

Advertisement
  2. GrandMasterB

GrandMasterB Go Go Gadget Flow! VIP Member

Using it for a couple of days now. Its great after he got a couple of the Rosie bugs worked out,ie going back to 4x4 :)

I will say that my battery life stunk really bad today ( first full day of use at work) but I did use a live wallpaper all day and I am sure that didnt help. RC3 came with Kings #1 installed. What kernel are you using with 2.5.2?

3. Boomstk

Boomstk Well-Known Member

I love the look and feel of SR 3.0 RC3. However I've noticed once in awhile the screen is unresponsive after awakening from sleep for a good minute. Happened this morning. My alarm was going off, the screen was active, but no matter what button I pressed it wouldn't do anything. Luckily I can wake up to a very low volume, so it wasn't blaring waking up the whole house. Finally the screen came back and its been good ever since. Before people blame any programs that I could be running.... these are all the same exact programs I have used in the past.

4. upther

upther Well-Known Member

I've been using it since Sunday and really like it. I've only run across a couple issues and most are pretty minor.

1. News and Stocks apps are set to auto sync every 15 minutes. Turn them off and you're good to go.

2. M.Youtube.com doesn't work in the stock browser. You get the "this video cannot be displayed" message.

3. I randomly lost my 3G connection and it didn't come back until I toggled WiFi. I've also heard that you can toggle airplane mode to get it back. It's only happened once and it might have been triggered by being in a store that always has a notoriously bad signal.

Battery life was pretty good. Got 12 hours of up time and almost 4 hours of awake time. That was with Kings BFS#1 kernel, now I'm using Kings new BFS #2 kernel so we'll see how today goes.

5. bjanow

bjanow Well-Known Member

My battery life was so bad I went back to RC2 last night. I just flashed the new KK #2 and will try RC3 again in a few. Had a awful time with fourth and the other Rom you were raving about a couple of days ago. Couldn't even install, had to load a Rom with recovery. If RC3 is a battery eater as it was yesterday I'm just going to stick with 2 for a while. Let me know your results.

6. GrandMasterB

GrandMasterB Go Go Gadget Flow! VIP Member

Well I can say so far today my battery life has been much better with RC3 and King #1. I have been at work for 2 hours now with moderate use and still at 95% battery. We will see how she does between now and 8 MST.

7. ChiTownJim

ChiTownJim Well-Known Member

I've dumped CM6 and went with SR RC2 had RC3 before I think RC2 has been slightly better with my phone so far haven't really found any bugs. Still need to test GPS and BT Audio thou

8. birthofahero

im using hydra kernel #3 ocuv 1.113 and have no issues really at all. Great set up! (For me ;))

I experienced loss of 3G with RC2...Thats the main reason I went back to 2.5.2. Looks like Ill wait for RC4 or a final build...

9. upther

upther Well-Known Member

Anybody else use Rdio? I've got a couple invites if not. Anyways, it seems like RC3 doesn't exactly play well with the Rdio app. This is the second time that Rdio hung up and caused some massive slowdown on my phone. Did a pretty good job on the battery in that time span too. Once I ended it with SystemPanel all was well.

10. bjanow

bjanow Well-Known Member

I did a full reload today. Full wipe / wipe cache / reload RC3 / wipe cache again/ KK#2 new. Took off sync for news and deleted stocks app. Bump charged my OEM red and off to the races. Let's see what happens. OC 1113 / 448 screen off.

11. bjanow

bjanow Well-Known Member

Are you using the Sense or did you use Launcher?

12. ChiTownJim

I used Launcher and ADW

Right now I'm on Sense just cause I haven't had time to really get adw going again

13. upther

upther Well-Known Member

I heard more than a few people complain that ADW really seems to suck the battery down on a lot of 2.2 ROMs. Are you noticing that?

14. ChiTownJim

No not at all. I still am getting 16-24hrs up time 6-8hrs awake time on a stock battery

15. Bardasian

Bardasian Member

I've been using this for a few days and I really like it.
    The only issues I've noticed:
    *5x4 can get crowded, especially with widgets
    *Sometimes on boot up, I'll get really laggy response (not very often)
    *Facebook pictures don't show up on their contacts in the messaging app.

Other than that, I love the theme and the ROM as a whole.
    If anyone can help with the facebook thing, please help haha.

16. Sarosh79

Sarosh79 Active Member

I had the previous version 2.5.2 i think, and that thing was laggy, gps did not work, camcorder didnt work. So I am on CM6 now and sofar its good except gps not working. Anyways I am not sure if I want to try out SR 3.0RC3 after that other version was very laggy for me.

anyone having issues with gps on RC3?

17. upther

upther Well-Known Member

No issues with GPS for me. Didn't have them on 2.5.2 either. Used Google Nav for about an hour this morning.

18. Sarosh79

Sarosh79 Active Member

umm did you do radio update? or stock radio?

19. ACD168

ACD168 Well-Known Member

I couldn't get the friggin thing to download, everything it would get halfway done and just stop saying it was finished! gave up. Personally stock 2.2 is straight, you can theme the rosie and all that regardless of what people tell you lol.

20. upther

upther Well-Known Member

I'm on the newest radio, 2.15.

21. ChiTownJim

I just was using CM6 and the GPS worked fantastic better then any other roms I've used where it lags when getting the turn by turn started, CM6 was instant

22. jdposhkus

jdposhkus Active Member

I like this rom, I am kinda glad that the physical search button doesn't work, bc I hit it by mistake all the damn time.
    Battery life is not stellar but not terrible. I wish I was getting numbers like some of you have reported.
    I copied Chitownjim's set cpu settings exactly, but found that I was seeing my sync icon in the notification area all the time for long durations, as soon as I disabled my profiles it went away....Strange.

Going to do the manual install of froyo on my wifes unfettered Inc. tonight to compare and contrast. It will be nice to have a control group for comparing the two.

23. herse182

herse182 Member

I lost the ability to have the stock visual voicemail work. I signed up for Google voice but I really was ok just with the stock VVM program. Oh well if that's the only thing I lose with SkyRaider then so be it. Everything else is fine though.

24. bjanow

bjanow Well-Known Member

I was too. Try Launcher and configure it to your liking. Like to know what you think. I can't get Home Switcher to work so I do it under apps.

25. birthofahero

So far the issues that I am hearing are:

Battery life
    Screen unresponsive after waking the phone
    Loss of 3G
    Occasional lagginess
    Facebook pictures not showing up
    Gps
    Camcorder
    Physical search button not working
    Stock VVM not working

Can anyone verify that these do or do not work? I'd like to get a list going or something. Maybe I'm just bored, who knows...