• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Skyraider 3.5 3G/1X problem

dclauria

Lurker
Jan 4, 2011
Hey, guys! After running virtuous for about a month, I decided to flash Skyraider 3.5 after reading so many great things about it.

I've never had a problem with 3G service before (in 2 months, I don't think I've ever seen it in 1X).

Immediately after flashing Skyraider 3.5, (complete wipe and install from recovery), now icon switches back and forth between 1X and 3G, staying in 1x most of the time, and my speedtest seem to match that.

I searched around and came across an old post Problems with 3G? Here is a potential fix!

I'm just wondering if anyone knows any updated info on this problem that wouldn't require all that work. It just scares me a little. I've only had my phone 2 months and don't want to screw it up, but I'd like to have 3g back.

Thanks

Update: Apparently Skyraider and 3G decided to play nice.
Woke up the next morning, and the 3G/1X icon switching problem went away, and its back to normal. Normal running a little over 1Meg. I don't know what happened, but it fixed itself.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones