Skyrainder 2.52 Sense vs Vanilla

Last Updated:

1. birthofahero

birthofahero Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

So Im sure a lot of you who regularly browse the all things root thread have seen my name pop up quite frequently the past few days, and Im sure all my noobish questions are getting annoying, and I apologize if I have become a nuisance. I have another question tho ha. Is there a noticeable difference between the two roms mentioned? Obviously the ui but I am talking more about speed, stability etc. Thanks again to everyone help me root and understand what the hell I am doing. :D

Advertisement
  2. necosino

necosino Well-Known Member

I use vanilla because I use LauncherPro. If you are going to use a difference launcher, you might as well use a vanilla ROM (and then reinstall the HTC facebook account sync for contacts). That's just my opinion though.

3. Squintz82

Squintz82 Well-Known Member

Where can I get the HTC facebook account sync apk?

4. BaronOfBlood

BaronOfBlood Well-Known Member

ROM manager, it's under "Goodies" in the Ihtfp69 folder it's listed as "Social Networking"

5. birthofahero

Ok, I installed the sense version and realized that I always use LP or ADW. So Ill reflash (again) and hopefully stick with this one for a while.

6. herse182

herse182 Member

Holy crap thank you! I didn't even realize ROM Manager had that extra stuff on it. Damn I'm glad I finally sacked up and rooted my phone. I'm having a blast with SkyRaider Vanilla.

7. BaronOfBlood

BaronOfBlood Well-Known Member

Np, I'm loving it too, just about to Flash Hydra Undervolted, then I will be completely satified.

8. benjordan06

benjordan06 Member

SR 2.52, I am having some laggy use of Pandora... not sure why. Otherwise, it seems dandy.

9. birthofahero

What does your guys' phone dialer look like? Mine still looks like the sense one (white dialer) and I still have some sense apps like friend stream.

10. zeke88

zeke88 Well-Known Member

im using 2.5.2 vanilla with launcherpro plus with 2.15 radio. launcherpro run much more smoother on 2.2.

11. Heelfan71

Heelfan71 Well-Known Member

the dialer will still look like the sense one. Nothing is wrong with yours. I believe there were a few things that could not be removed

12. TheWhiteBandito

TheWhiteBandito Well-Known Member

Yeah the Vanilla version is really a tainted-Vanilla version. Since SkyRaider is built on the 8/1 Sense Leak, the Vanilla version is going to have traces of Sense still on it. The Phone, Contacts, and Camera are some notable apps that are still Sense.