• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Skyrocket Delayed Text Arrival

I've lately been having an issue where my Skyrocket doesn't get any texts for periods ranging from a couple hours to 2 or 3 days. I know I should be receiving texts because I have Twitter, Facebook and a couple other sites sending text alerts for certain events and those events were occurring but no texts received. Then all of a sudden all the texts come pouring in one after the other in a flood. Plus I have had friends call me when they sent texts and I didn't reply.

I use Pinger TextFree as a temporary solution, but that requires me to give people a new dedicated texting number and sending MMS is a pain. Plus it only gets texts from actual phones, not short numbers like Facebook and Twitter use.

The phone works fine otherwise, I get calls, my mobile broadband works, my WiFi works, its just texting that doesn't.

Any ideas? Or recommendations on a texting app that can get alerts from websites?

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones