• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
I've been using the leaked ICS version for 2 days now and I'm going back to Gingerbread.
1. I'm having issues with text messages not coming through or only getting part of the message

2. The stock email app stops sending emails on an an Exchange account. It will work fine until you make any settings changes to the account then you have to go into the Outgoing box and click Refresh in order for it to send. (it's been posted on XDA)..Deal breaker for me, I need my corporate email to work.

3. the buttons on the phone get laggy and non responsive at times.

4.My battery seems to drain faster with ICS but it could be just me.

I'm going to wait for the official release and see if fix some of these things before they release it.

the Install of ICS was super easy and so was rooting...I flashed my phone and rooted it 4 times trying to get things to work right...lol

1 - Text - haven't seen that issue reported, you may want to do a factory reset to ry and fix this

2 - Yep XDA reported this issue

3 - The aforementioned factory reset should solve this issue

4 - If you're able to, root the phone, charge your battery to 100%, then witin CWM, reset your battery statistics, then drain battery to 0% and charge again to 100%. This solved the issue for me.

Once rooted, install CPUTuner, and it will let you slow down the processor while the screen is locked(has helped me tremendously). I lower my processor speed to around 400mhz when the screen is locked and when unlocked it goes back to normal(which is arround 1188mhz and then the full 1.5 ghz when needed)

Upvote 0
1 - Text - haven't seen that issue reported, you may want to do a factory reset to ry and fix this

2 - Yep XDA reported this issue

3 - The aforementioned factory reset should solve this issue

4 - If you're able to, root the phone, charge your battery to 100%, then witin CWM, reset your battery statistics, then drain battery to 0% and charge again to 100%. This solved the issue for me.

Once rooted, install CPUTuner, and it will let you slow down the processor while the screen is locked(has helped me tremendously). I lower my processor speed to around 400mhz when the screen is locked and when unlocked it goes back to normal(which is arround 1188mhz and then the full 1.5 ghz when needed)

Thanks for the tips! I did end up flashing back to GB.

1 - I did try a factory reset but for some reason long text messages seemed to be a problem for my phone while on ICS. :thinking:

2- This issue is what made me go back to GB. I use my phone for work and need ActiveSync/Exchange to work flawlessly. I Know I could have downloaded another email app to make it work but I don't want to spend the money when it works well on GB.

3 - Actually the Factory reset did solve this. :)

4 - I didn't try this but if its still a problem once officially released I'll give it a shot.

I think I'll stay on GB until AT&T officially releases ICS. I depend on exchange email for work and need it to work. I didn't see anything on ICS that I "need" to have right now anyway.

I'm so glad I use Titanium Backup! made restoring back to GB so easy.

Thanks again.:)

Upvote 0
how do you get the skyrocket back to GB from ICS? ive been reading everything i can on google and watching videos on youtube and theres nothing about how to get it back to gingerbread. ive had the ICS for 3 days and i hate it. i like somethings here and there but overall i just dont like it. i read something about how to the tar the skyrocket. i dont know if thats going to set it back to the way it was before the ICS or mess it up even more. all i want to do is set everything back to the way it was before the ICS 4.0.3.

Upvote 0
I've been using the leaked ICS version for 2 days now and I'm going back to Gingerbread.
1. I'm having issues with text messages not coming through or only getting part of the message

2. The stock email app stops sending emails on an an Exchange account. It will work fine until you make any settings changes to the account then you have to go into the Outgoing box and click Refresh in order for it to send. (it's been posted on XDA)..Deal breaker for me, I need my corporate email to work.

3. the buttons on the phone get laggy and non responsive at times.

4.My battery seems to drain faster with ICS but it could be just me.

I'm going to wait for the official release and see if fix some of these things before they release it.

the Install of ICS was super easy and so was rooting...I flashed my phone and rooted it 4 times trying to get things to work right...lol

Battery sucked on the leaked ics. I had to go back to GB

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones