Skyrocket Randomly Shuts Off/Black ScreenSupport

Last Updated:

1. glash

glash New Member

My phone has been either turning off or black screening about once every other day. I go to check the phone and it doesnt respond - the only thing I can do is to apply a hard reset to it to bring it back. Initially I thought that it had something to do with a loose battery since I was biking when it first happened, but it does it when it's just sitting on my desk now. Thoughts, ideas?

Advertisement
  2. Mr. Ed

Mr. Ed Well-Known Member

Are you stock or rooted?

Oh check your charger...is it a .7a or a 1a?
  3. SciFiJunkie

SciFiJunkie New Member

I have noticed the same thing with mine as well. First started about a week after I got it, on Dec 5th or so, and stopped after a few weeks. I have not rooted my phone and use only the USB cable connect to my PC or wall wart that it came with.

Been thinking about talking taking it to the At&t store or Best Buy since it started it this week again.

Only think i can think of is I have used the car charger in my wifes car for a night. What is the question about voltage about?

Thanks,
    SciFiJunkie
  4. v8rumbler

v8rumbler Member

when you get the black screen, press the volume rocker down and if it goes into vibrate, that means its your battery.

I had the same problem, the only solution was to do a battery pull. Took it to AT&T device support center, they reset everything, but still didnt solve anything. I got a black screen 2 hours after I left the place.

I called AT&T and they said they think its battery issue, and they will ship me an original battery and charger for free (phone is still under manufactures warraty, and I also have AT&T insurance). They shipped it to me and said they will call 1 week later to see how I'm doing.

1 week later: It was working fine, no more black screens but I wanted to new phone because my screen orientation has been off since day 1, and my live wallpapers didnt work. I told them I was still getting the black screen, and they sent me a replacement phone. The phone came without a battery or battery cover. I'm assuming it was refurbished.