Skytunes/Mac

Last Updated:

1. sdot_sd

sdot_sd Active Member This Topic's Starter

Has anyone tried the app Skytunes? I am trying to install the driver on my mac and I am not having any luck...any help would be great...

Advertisement
  2. irish22022

irish22022 Member

Hey mate,

I've been trying to get this working forever. My issue was not being able to unzip the file (mac osx, google chrome browser...)

Turns out the file shouldn't be a .zip at all. Some mac osx browsers throw the .zip on there (presumably having to do with mac hating everything adobe).

1) Make sure you have Adobe AIR installed
    2) If it comes up as a .zip, rename it to .air (.air probably already exists right before the .zip, mac osx will prompt you to select .air as the final extension).

After doing this, it should be fine. Follow the video instructions from there for the port info (doing it now, hopefully it works.)

sdot_sd likes this.
  3. IXDoubleDXI

IXDoubleDXI Active Member

I was messing around with this over the weekend and got it to work on my macbook, took a little while to get it set up with the router. Seems pretty cool, but I feel that it was killing my battery pretty quickly, not sure why. In the process of setting it up on my mac mini, started on lunch, will finish when I get out of work. This is a pretty sweet program and will come in handy with NOT filling up my sd card with music.