Slacker constantly stops playing.Support

Last Updated:

1. Cirith

Cirith Active Member This Topic's Starter

This doesn't always happen but when it does, Slacker stops playing after every 2 or so songs. I get a message box that reads "Warning! Unable to find active data or WiFi connection. Would you like to quit the application?" and gives me Yes or No options. Clicking No returns me to the Stations list where selecting any station returns me to the one previously playing and starts the next song when I hit Play. Any ideas or ways to keep this from happening?

Advertisement
  2. Wordslinger

Wordslinger Well-Known Member

Your signal is probably low when Slacker goes to cache a new song. Sometimes it gets so bad for me the app will crash. I have the same problem with another music app I use called Top 100 Hits by Year. When it goes to load a song and there's a weak signal, the app craps out.

My suggestion would be to upgrade to Slacker Plus and cache your favorite stations to your SD. This way you can listen without a data connection. The only problem is that due to licensing, not all songs are available when cached. I cached '80s and '90s Hits and never noticed a lack of variety. But if you listen to a lot of custom station you might notice the selection is lacking.

3. Cirith

Cirith Active Member This Topic's Starter

So I'm sitting at the beach yesterday and this happens almost every song switch. I'm not moving and neither is the phone. Each time it stops playing at the end of a song and gives me the warning message I pick it up to continue listening and each time I have 3 or 4 bars of signal with the 3G lit up as well. Is this really a signal problem or is possibly some issue with the phone constantly dropping and/or reconnecting the data connection?

4. pdxsam

pdxsam New Member

I'm seeing the same thing with my EVO. Full bars, but the app says there's no wireless available. Frustrating to be sure.

5. dibs ODDJOB

dibs ODDJOB Well-Known Member

Check your settings. I had a problem with Pandora, this fixed it:

Settings->Wireless&Networks->Mobile Networks

Make sure "Enable always-on mobile data" is CHECKED.