Slacker Radio causing RebootsGeneral

Last Updated:

1. Feels Good Man

Feels Good Man Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

In the short time that I've used Slacker radio, my phone has rebooted itself twice. At the time I was on Wifi and was skipping a lot of songs. Has this happened to anyone else? Is this a software or hardware issue?

Advertisement
  2. golfinglenn

golfinglenn Well-Known Member

Slacker has worked awesome for me. No issues and use it all the time. Did you try to remove and re-install?

I also have the pro version (subscription), if that makes a difference.

3. Feels Good Man

No I didnt try remove and re-install, I was using free version...and skipping a lot of songs quickly seemed to cause the reboot both times...so unless you do a lot of skips you probably won't encounter the problem.

4. Feels Good Man

I reinstalled slacker...and I can cause the reboot pretty much whenever I want now. Open a channel, use up all your skips quickly, do this for like 3-4 channels and I'll have a reboot whether youre on wifi or 3g.

Obviously that's not typical usage of Slacker...but I'd like to get opinions on whether its a software issue with Slacker...or I need to exchange my phone because its hardware

5. golfinglenn

golfinglenn Well-Known Member

No, it is not your phone. I tried it again today on a trip to town. Probably skipped about 10 songs over 3 cached stations rather quickly and whala, reboot lol. I will email slacker and see what they have to say.

6. jasonb1985

jasonb1985 Well-Known Member

interesting.