Slacker Radio rockin my Hero all night...

Last Updated:

1. rolltrain

rolltrain Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Seriously. It keeps my phone awake all night. I seem to always have about 80% awake time. Slacker is really the only app I use most of the time. It has to be it. Anyway I can close it (really close it) when I am done with it?

Advertisement
  2. JMac202

JMac202 Well-Known Member

Get a task manager.

3. zombdroid

zombdroid Well-Known Member

Never used it, but I know that Pandora has a "Quit" menu item. I guess Slacker has no such feature? Why does it need to run in the background?

4. dmm5157

dmm5157 Well-Known Member

Yeah, I just experienced this. It kept my phone awake for 34 hours. I didn't notice at first that my battery life had been crap. Just used Astro process manager to close it and all is well now. they do need to add a QUIT option. I like Slacker, but killing the battery is unacceptable.

5. rolltrain

rolltrain Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

There id a quit button if you hit menu. But I don't think it works right. It does shut the interface down but it is still using juice, I beloeve.

6. nedar

nedar Member

yup slacker radio is buggy and will eat up your battery. I tried few things but my battery was draining fast every day. i finally gave up and uninstalled the slacker app and my battery life was back to normal.

7. djkeller3

djkeller3 Well-Known Member

I thought Slacker Radio Plus was so darn good that I bought a third battery to use with my Droid because I can't stop listening to it.