Slacker Radio stops playing after screen lock

Last Updated:

1. burnsiv

burnsiv Member

I know other Hero users are having the same problem, and so far Slacker support has not fixed. One the screen sleeps it will finish the current song but not play a next song until you unlock the screen. I even have an app that keeps the screen from locking but allows it to go black and that causes the same issue. Anyone have a suggestion?

2. dr. jing

dr. jing Active Member

I'm having this same problem, and am not finding resolution. Does anyone have an answer, yet, on this? Slacker works fine with the phone plugged into an outlet, but that doesn't help me when unplugged...
  3. KitsapAndroid

KitsapAndroid Well-Known Member

I used to have this problem with Pandors. First question is, are you rooted? If you are, then the odds are good that you just need to crank your minimum cpu speed up a little. This is how I made Pandora work properly for me, even when the screen timed out. If you're not rooted, then I actually don't have a solution for you because I never had this problem when I was on stock.
  4. dr. jing

dr. jing Active Member

Yeah, I still have this problem with Pandora, where it locks up a lot. I'm not rooted (been too chicken to go there), but am running v2.1 firmware via Sprint update.

Maybe the answer is a new phone. I'm planning on upgrading in January, anyway...

Thanks for the reply, KitsapAndroid.
  5. KitsapAndroid

KitsapAndroid Well-Known Member

You're welcome. Sorry I don't have a solution for your problem. Oh, and rooting is a breeze with the 1click root apps they have these days. You know, in case you were considering it. ;)