slacker!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by SDscorch, Nov 4, 2009.

1. SDscorch

SDscorch Well-Known Member

its in the market!

Advertisement
  2. SDscorch

wow... after pandora's "minimalistic" android app, slacker is.... FULL featured

that's the first word that comes to mind

i'm sure it'll get more refined later

doesn't "look" sophisticated - i think probably just font selection

[oh - before posting.. just noticed, it looks MUCH better in landscape mode - i think it was probably designed w/ landscape mode in mind]

but what's good is you have so many choices - of course, my channels that i've already built are there - but what i like about slacker (as opposed to pandora) is the channels slacker provides too

i notice there's a tiny number representing how many skips remain

not well implemented - but pandora doesn't have that (not that i've noticed)

anyway... cool

3. knx240

knx240 New Member

Nov 3, 2009
    man this is awesome!!!! I missed this from my blackberry!!! goooo Droid.

4. quentinfisher

quentinfisher Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2009
    Arizona
    Any differences in audio quality/stream performance compared to Pandora?

5. SDscorch

i think it "looks" better

definitely

i'm on cell network only - have NOT experimented w/ wifi yet so take this for what its worth - also, i am admittedly more a fan of slacker than pandora

seemed to take a couple secs to start to play - i seem to remember pandora starts up really quick

also, its clearly the first generation release: its a little buggy

do NOT select teh setting that resumes play if you pause it or quit and come back - you get into lock cycle - bleh

also, i had it switch channels (to a prev channel) merely by moving it into landscape mode from portrait mode - oops!

oh - it looks better in landscape mode than in portrait mode

a neat feature is it uses gestures to move to the next song - i don't know if pandora does that or not (??)

so.. i like slacker, i admit i'm biased --- my initial assessment: it looks great, it DOES work, but its got some issues too, its definitely a first release

pandora is putting out updates like there's no tomorrow - seems like everytime i go to the market there's an update for pandora -- lets see if slacker follows suit...

6. quentinfisher

quentinfisher Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2009
    Arizona
    Can't say I noticed a significant difference between wifi/network. Only having access to a 2g network myself though, it seems to be less data intensive than Pandora, but also noticed it was a less quality, but the application has a whole works a lot better/zippier than Pandora to me.

7. JOSERCOLON

JOSERCOLON Member

Nov 5, 2009
    I've searched through the whole thing,do u know what section.

8. SDscorch

i just searched on the keyword "slacker"

??

9. eddieroger

eddieroger Member

Oct 13, 2009
    I don't know how to emote this any other way than this:

Thank You!

I so much prefer Slacker to Pandora that it's not even funny. Now I know I need to replace my bluetooth headphones since they can't possibly make it through the day now.

SDscorch likes this.
Tags: