Sleeker Huawei Ascend 2 coming to CricketGeneral

1. Pannster

Pannster Member

I'm frustrated that I got my hands on this phone. Because I saw this. I have wanted to get the zio the day they stopped selling it on there website. Then talking to a cricket rep they said wait because its comming back out. That was about 4 months ago. My first android phone so I had no idea what to expect. But rooted now works great, I guess its time to part with it to buy the new LG optimus only to plan on selling that also to buy Sleeker Huawei Ascend 2 coming to Cricket | CTIA 2011 - CNET Reviews

But the ascend was an allright phone except for the cheap plastic case that was free when I got the phone from the cricket store. I guess you get what you payfor. Also really happy with the rooting method for it. just a rant thanks

Advertisement
    :
  2. Pannster

Pannster Member

One other thing, I wish you could make the track ball more sensitive when trying to scroll through txt you input wrong.
    la sal likes this.
  3. Lennatron

Lennatron Well-Known Member

KOLIO likes this.
  4. Tokenpoke

Tokenpoke Well-Known Member

i'm holding on to this till it bricks.
    then i'm getting another one, it'll be like $50 by then.

then maybe straight to a tab with honeycomb.
  5. Gmash

Gmash Well-Known Member

$350 and 3.2mp camera with no flash? No thanks. At least metro got 4g on theirs.
  6. la sal

la sal Well-Known Member

The track ball has always given me problems in this regard as well.

From what I have heard, the Huawei Ascend 2 is supposed to be released at a similar price to the the Huawei Ascend 1. That will definitely jump sales.
  7. ChumBucket

ChumBucket Active Member

Is it me or does the ascend2 screen look a tad bit smaller? I don't like that the phone jack is out in the open with no cover,that's just me though. 5mp camera thats nice what about flash? Lol. I hope Huawei changes their mind too and get2.3 like the article said that would be cool! I'll keep my ascend 1 til it kicks the bucket and then see what i can get my hands on :)
  8. septembersrain

septembersrain 句_句 Smurfing Awesome VIP Member

I might be getting that phone for only $200 dollars from a friend. She just bought it and might be going to Germany. She is in the Army. I'll let you guys know if I decide to scoop it up. ^.^ I'll be likely keeping my Ascend too.

On Metro Pcs. Just hope they get 4G in my area soon. I can't make use of the phone unless I've got 4G. X.x
  9. AscendMaster

AscendMaster Member

yeah i would love 2 have it when does it come out????
  10. Scur

Scur Well-Known Member

11. Gmash

Gmash Well-Known Member

Thats funny, I was just thinking about the Ascend 2 today. It's supposed to be coming out in July. (I heard) It really does have some nice features that make it a big upgrade from the OG Ascend. If it's cheap enough, it might be worth getting to hold me over until the Glory comes out. Then I could just stay on Cricket the whole time without the hassle of switching back and forth. Is anybody planning on getting the Ascend 2?
  12. Gmash

Gmash Well-Known Member

So no one is interested in the Ascend 2? It's 800mhz stock, so I'm sure it could be OC'd to at least 1ghz. Just sayin'... (plus I'm pretty sure it'll have a GPU)
  13. Scur

Scur Well-Known Member

From what I've just read, I think I'll skip it.
  14. intrdrgn

intrdrgn Well-Known Member

I like it considering it will be price close to the first one, with all the upgrades. i wish Metro came out with this one.
  15. Gmash

Gmash Well-Known Member

If that article is accurate, I wouldn't bother with it either. Every other article I've read has said it would be 800mhz. If it's only 600mhz, then I don't really see the point.

800mhz-maybe

600mhz-no thanks, I'll keep looking at the Motorola Triumph on Virgin and the Ascend X on Cincinnati Bell. Sorry, Cricket, maybe I'll come back in November for the Glory. Maybe.
  16. Gmash

Gmash Well-Known Member

17. PRkid

PRkid Well-Known Member

I just bought my Huawei Ascend, not even a month ago. I would be mad, if that Ascend 2, comes out super dooper soon :/ might not be worth the upgrade, unless you're a camera person, tho. Don't really use the trackball that much, anyway. And the screen is the same size, as the 1st one :/
  18. r0ckstarr

r0ckstarr Well-Known Member

19. Gmash

Gmash Well-Known Member

What up, rOckstarr? Haven't seen you on here in forever. You might want to check out the Huawei Glory this November.
  20. KOLIO

KOLIO NOTEoriously XPOSED Guide

NICE LOOKING PHONE & rocking GINGERBREAD 2.3.3,5MP CAMERA,& a 3.5 MM audio port.It has been available in my area since 07072011 for $149.00
  21. wisepegasus

wisepegasus Member

I like the original's physical keys + trackball better than touchscreen buttons...especially for hanging up calls. I'll probably wait for a dual core, 4G, Android phone with flash (on MetroPCS) after this bad boy. (Which will probably be 2-4 years from now)

200MHz more, 3 Megapixels more, 3.5mm, and stock android 2.2 not enough to buy...especially when we can root and flash to 2.3...
  22. KOLIO

It comes w/GINGERBREAD 2.3.3 out of the box,but,I get your point.This is what the original ASCEND should & could have been.What a great entry level phone for those just now being introduced to ANDROID.If 4G wasn't right around the corner for CRICKET,I'd keep my current ASCEND as a backup & get the ASCEND II.
  23. smc355

smc355 Member

Kolio,
    This isn't really a "reply" to your post but rather a question you may be able to help me with...I see you also have the Huawai Ascend with Cricket, right? So do I! I have been trying to figure out how to re-send a text message to the same recipient...is it possible? I used to do it all the time with my old Samsung Messager (non-Smartphone!). I appreciate any guidance you can offer me =)
  24. KOLIO

Yes,al least on CM7 you can.Just long press on the message, & select 'forward',re-enter the recipient(s) & re-send the message.
    smc355 likes this.