Sleep in holster

Last Updated:

1. oquinones

oquinones Active Member This Topic's Starter

I have a question about my sleeping in a holster. I have my phone flashed with Warheads and it is running great. It sleeps fine when out of the holster but when I put it in my holster that I have, it doesn't go to sleep. Not sure why. Does the holster having a magnet in it affect the sleeping at all?

Advertisement
  2. bionicgrape

bionicgrape Well-Known Member

Maybe something in the holster is pressing one of the buttons that prevent it from sleeping (end or cube)

3. oquinones

Nah I don't think so. I did a test and let it go to sleep and then put it in the holster but not on my belt. I made sure it was in there good. There is a little space in there so no buttons are being pushed. When I take it out and hit the menu key, it wakes up.

4. bionicgrape

Try letting the phone sleep for a few minutes, hit menu to make sure, and then move the part of the case with the magnet in it to where it would be in contact with the phone while in the holster, and then hit menu again to see if it affects it. The phone is just a tiny, mostly unshielded computer, and magnets do wacky things to computers, so who knows?

oquinones likes this.
  5. oquinones

Looks like the magnet does affect it. Whenever I put my phone into the holster and close the lid where the magnet is, it doesn't sleep. When I put the phone in there and don't close the lid then it sleeps just fine. Looks like I will have to take out the magnet somehow.

6. oquinones

Ok I got the magnet removed. The holster still has some slight magnetism to it but it doesn't interfere with the phone. Phone now sleeps good in the holster. Thanks for your help!

7. bionicgrape

No problem, glad I could assist!