1. Welcome to the newer, better version of Android Forums! Be sure to see the announcement and enjoy checking it out!

Some of you have been having login issues. - Please try now. Sorry for the trouble!
  2. All attachments uploaded on the first day of this new look need to be re-uploaded, or will appear broken. All prior to that, and all going forward, should work fine. We apologize for the inconvenience!

Support Sleep Issue Fixed - Update Available

1. bsweetness

bsweetness Well-Known Member

There's an update available that will fix the sleep issue. This update has undergone extensive testing by many users, and appears to work quite well. It also improves multimedia playback (native support for AVI, DIVX, XVID).

Advertisement
  2. rushmore

rushmore Well-Known Member

Fixed the SOD for me :)
  3. ifubad

ifubad Member

Finally, I updated the fix on 8/4 and it seemed to have cured the SOD, I had till 8/12 to return the tablet, it was getting close. It's cool now, I'm keeping it.
  4. ifubad

ifubad Member

Since the update of Aug 3, I just encountered the first sod issue, hopefully it'll be only on rare occasions. Has anyone encountered the sod since the update?
  5. bsweetness

bsweetness Well-Known Member

Nope. I haven't had a single one. I've seen reports of others still having SOD issues on the Thrive forums, but by and large, it seems to have fixed it for most people.
  6. ifubad

ifubad Member

Grrrrr, the SOD was gone completely since 8/3, but just did it two days in a row, after sleeping overnight, exchanging it.
  7. rushmore

rushmore Well-Known Member

None here either, but had them a LOT prior to the update.
  8. maerlim

maerlim Well-Known Member

I got the update and was still getting SoD. I turned off GPS and since then I haven't had a single sleep death in over 24 hours.
  9. ifubad

ifubad Member

After updating my original tablet with the new update that was supposed to fix th SOD issue,the tablet was still having the issue a little bit. I returned my original thrive tablet and got a new one, so far, the new one after one week, has not had a single SOD problem. Then I read that these tablet went on a discount sale, so i called the retailer and they honored the price guarantee and refunded the difference.
  10. maerlim

maerlim Well-Known Member

The 0032 update seems to have fixed the SOD issue once and for all.