sleep mode, auto, manual or neverSupport

1. nynvolt

nynvolt Well-Known Member

What's sleep mode do exactly, just cut off data? I don't mind if it does this with the screen off but with it set to auto, it seems to take a few tries hitting internet before 3g/4g kicks on. If I set it to never will it suck the battery dry?

Thanks for any advice.

Advertisement
    :
  2. TxGoat

TxGoat Guest

Call me crazy but it sounds like it puts your phone to "sleep".... :p

My thunderbolt was set up like that and it was a PITA having to toggle data services back on. IMO you're better off leaving it off. Your phone will have plenty of time to sleep when it dies... ;)
  3. andr01d

andr01d Well-Known Member

My sleep mode is... Manual, starts at 11:15 pm, and ends at 6:45 am. I had to do this or this phone will buzz/tingle/shiver every 15 minutes throughout the night with each email coming in :)

(My power mode is "max performance" for full-time 4G LTE whenever it's awake.)

bye
  4. nynvolt

nynvolt Well-Known Member

Thanks for the replies. So sleep just means data shuts off? If that's all it does then I'll just keep it on never. Thanks.
  5. ckar

ckar Well-Known Member

I was having issues losing data connectivity altogether yesterday. So...today I did a bunch of research, and came to the sleep mode option...which, by the way, seems to be a new option in android phones. Anyway, I set it to never, and had no noticeably quicker battery drain, and NO loss of data connectivity! I really think the date radios don't do well being toggled on and off a hundred times a day. Who knows...
    nynvolt likes this.