sleep mode, auto, manual or neverSupport

Last Updated: 2011-12-21 04:27:57
  1. nynvolt

nynvolt Well-Known Member

What's sleep mode do exactly, just cut off data? I don't mind if it does this with the screen off but with it set to auto, it seems to take a few tries hitting internet before 3g/4g kicks on. If I set it to never will it suck the battery dry?

Thanks for any advice.

Advertisement
  2. TxGoat

TxGoat Guest

Call me crazy but it sounds like it puts your phone to "sleep".... :p

My thunderbolt was set up like that and it was a PITA having to toggle data services back on. IMO you're better off leaving it off. Your phone will have plenty of time to sleep when it dies... ;)
  3. andr01d

andr01d Well-Known Member

My sleep mode is... Manual, starts at 11:15 pm, and ends at 6:45 am. I had to do this or this phone will buzz/tingle/shiver every 15 minutes throughout the night with each email coming in :)

(My power mode is "max performance" for full-time 4G LTE whenever it's awake.)

bye
  4. nynvolt

nynvolt Well-Known Member

Thanks for the replies. So sleep just means data shuts off? If that's all it does then I'll just keep it on never. Thanks.
  5. ckar

ckar Well-Known Member

I was having issues losing data connectivity altogether yesterday. So...today I did a bunch of research, and came to the sleep mode option...which, by the way, seems to be a new option in android phones. Anyway, I set it to never, and had no noticeably quicker battery drain, and NO loss of data connectivity! I really think the date radios don't do well being toggled on and off a hundred times a day. Who knows...
    nynvolt likes this.